The sky is falling, by Killer Kowalski - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

The sky is falling, by Killer Kowalski

Moderator: Football Moderators

The sky is falling, by Killer Kowalski

Postby moochman » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:13 am

Here are the titles of the last three days contributions from Lions insider Tom 'Killer' Kowalski on [url]http://www.mlive.com/lions/
[/url]
On Moday: "Marinelli:Defense had many Loafs"
"A loaf is any change of speed, not getting off the ground, not finishing aggressively to the pile. If a ball is thrown, not turning and moving toward the ball. Any chance of speed at all, we call that a loaf."-Rod

Sounds much like many of the Lions have given up on Rod and the season, doesn't it? And let's remember the context. The Lions were playing a team that had a worse record in a game that meant everything to their season. And, not to offend Mark Spinler, came out flat. Clear indicator of many, many players selling on Marinelli.

Tuesday: "Williams, Jones likely to leave"
"At one time, Williams embraced the teaching of coordinator Mike Martz and even endured his sometimes abrasive coaching style, but that situation has changed. Williams has offered thinly veiled criticisms recently of Detroit's offensive game plan and his role in it...Still, the overriding factor for Williams is that he simply wants to go home - or get closer to it.", "The situation with Jones is a little different because his entire motivation for leaving is centered on his diminished role in the offense. Jones has become a non-factor with the Lions; he's carried the ball more than 20 times just once all season - his only 100-yard game", "Williams and Jones aren't likely to admit it publicly, but neither one of them believes their long-term future will be in Detroit."-Killer.

I think this indicates that Martz is all but gone. If Marinelli is any head coach at all, and he isn't, he would issue Martz an ultimatum. Run the ball more or you are fired. No matter, Roy is probably gone becuase we can't afford to pay Calvin and him when we have so much cash tied up in Kalimba, Redding and probably will reward Big Fatty with a fat deal, because afterall what would we have done without his contribution in those two games this season?

Today: "Few Lions meet Marinelli's Standards"
Basicly Killer goes on about how Marinelli saying that he lacks the players to make the changes he would normally do is a slam on the pathetic job that Millen has done. But what I see is the guy (Marinelli) who points to himself and says "It's on me" is really saying "I don't coach that stuff"-Bobby Ross. Rod sounds like he is blaming the players. While he is right, I clearly recall him spouting off about how he can "coach 'em up" and the Tampa Twostep doesn't need good CBs. Or LBs if the draft is any indicator. Remember Stanton instead of a solid LBer-David Harris, or CB Eric Wright (who Cleveland took the chance on and are so smart they might make the playoffs). Sounds like more of the same as the Lions continue to implode. How do you think the players will react to their coach saying that they aren't good enough?
Will they fight like Lions, or shrink like Detroit Lions?
The Sky is falling lads.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The sky is falling, by Killer Kowalski

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:55 pm

Just lettin you know im still comin here. Although i read all of that prior im sure that some people dont. This is the lowest I have ever been as a Detroit Lion fan. Im not sure about you guys but its feeling pointless to even talk about them anymore. Fifty years....
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigken117 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:56 pm

fortunately (or not I guess) I've only been a Lions fan since Barry was drafted. This still sucks though. After the Denver undressing I really thought they may have turned a corner...
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 am

After thinking more about Killer's articles I have to wonder how much longer the Lions will allow him to cover them. They usually like for their beat writers to follow the company line and it seems that Killer has strayed a bit.

And don't go getting all depressed over the state of the team guys. There is always hope. And one day soon there is bound to be a change in ownership role to Bill Ford Jr. I don't think he will keep Millen around and we can start a new era. The end of the Error of the Ms will be over, we need only keep the faith! And never forget that the NFL is constructed so that any team can build a winner in no more than 3-4 years. We've waited 50 years so what are another 10 or so?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:45 pm

Thats the same time i thought that we had something different this year too. When they totally beat up on Denver. I mean we embarrassed them. Then go on the road against a team that we can beat and just get our asses handed to us. I have a couple of friends that were long time Lions fans and they have stopped. When we went on that early run in the beginning of the season i was talking alot of trash to them. They would just look at me and say You really dont know where or how this ends?? Its going to end like it always does. With the Lions fans wondering or thinking what if or how or maybe we could have, or if we didnt. Never will it end with the Lions just straight up beating people and making it into the Playoffs. Its like they are scared to go get it. Granted they were playing shitty opponents in the early season but you cant tell me they werent playing differently. They were. Look at the Dallas game. That makes you think this team, even though we are severely out maned that we can hang with anyone. Thats what hurts the most i think. We are always on play away, one catch away, one draft pick slot away from getting PATRICK WILLIS!!! Alright so he was drafted 10th i think?? I know that Sims and WIllis would be something awesome. Instead we drafted Calvin. And guys im one of the few Calvin supporters left i think. I think most teams would have taken him there. Hes got amazing talent so they say. Im starting to listen to Mooch a little too much i think cause all of the sudden i started watching Calvin like WHERE IS THIS UNGODLY SPEED that we here of??? Why cant Kitna try throwing ONE BALL IN stride or high where only Calvin can get it. Its like he totally outjumps the guys but the ball is thrown where the other guys can get it. Look at Randy Moss. Throw the damn thing where there is only one guy thats getting his hands on it, Randy. And dont even get me started on S Rogers. Actually i think he deserves his own thread. See you there lol.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Detroit Lions