Potty Mouth Santa - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Potty Mouth Santa

Moderator: Football Moderators

Potty Mouth Santa

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:41 am

An artificial-intelligence Santa bot operated by Microsoft to talk to children wavered off topic saying: "It's fun to talk about oral sex, but I want to chat about something else...."

Microsoft confirmed the bot's potty mouth and snipped Santa's Web connection. The corpulent and foul-mouthed artificial Santa was a bot that Windows Live Messenger users could insert into their IM buddy list as mailto:northpole@live.com.

"Yesterday we received reports that the automated Santa Claus agent in Windows Live Messenger used inappropriate language. As soon as we were alerted, we took steps to mitigate the issue, including the removal of language from the agent's automated script. We were not completely satisfied with the result of these actions, and have decided to discontinue the automated Santa Claus agent," Microsoft said in a statement sent to Network World.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Potty Mouth Santa

Postby josebach » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:52 am

This reminds me I've got to watch "Bad Santa" again. That's actually one of my favorite holiday movies. :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:53 am

Why am I always just a little late to the party :,-(
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:48 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
An artificial-intelligence Santa bot operated by Microsoft to talk to children wavered off topic saying: "It's fun to talk about oral sex, but I want to chat about something else...."

Microsoft confirmed the bot's potty mouth and snipped Santa's Web connection. The corpulent and foul-mouthed artificial Santa was a bot that Windows Live Messenger users could insert into their IM buddy list as mailto:northpole@live.com.

"Yesterday we received reports that the automated Santa Claus agent in Windows Live Messenger used inappropriate language. As soon as we were alerted, we took steps to mitigate the issue, including the removal of language from the agent's automated script. We were not completely satisfied with the result of these actions, and have decided to discontinue the automated Santa Claus agent," Microsoft said in a statement sent to Network World.

it's not really all that fun to talk about...recieving on the other hand :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:20 am

I actually saw that bot the other day. You could get the thing to say some pretty hilarious things. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RiffRaff » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:45 am

deerayfan072 wrote:

Vote = Kilroy
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby Leber » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:49 am

RiffRaff wrote:Vote = Kilroy

I think that bot is too mild for it to be run by Kilroy... :-b
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Tiki » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:11 pm

Billy-Bob?
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:50 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:I actually saw that bot the other day. You could get the thing to say some pretty hilarious things. :-b

I've given up on talking to bots since cursing out Smarterchild 6 years ago. I probably still owe him an apology. :-b I'll try this new Santa bot. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:07 am

Leber wrote:
RiffRaff wrote:Vote = Kilroy

I think that bot is too mild for it to be run by Kilroy... :-b

What exactly are you implying? :-?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to General Talk