Playing my girlfriend this week in a Money League (Work Leag - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Playing my girlfriend this week in a Money League (Work Leag

Moderator: Football Moderators

Playing my girlfriend this week in a Money League (Work Leag

Postby Tusin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:02 pm

Need some advice, here and deep down I already know the answer. But want to get some opinions.

This is my 3rd of of playing Fantasy Football. I have always followed football, but now I am a die hard, wake up at 8am (Alaskan, so that is a hour before kickoffs for us) every sunday. Have the Sunday Ticket from DirecTV. The works. I won the championship last year, and the first year got 4th. Well this year, due to a very good chunk of my draft picks showing up late, or not at all (Gore, Marroney, Colston, just to name a few) I am out of the playoffs. No biggie, always next year.

This is the "problem" now tho. This year we needed an extra player, so I asked my girlfriend if she wanted to play. She knows more then your average person about Football, and everyone in the league agreed that it was ok if I helped her with her draft and throughout the season. What I have done this season is, is give her options of who to play that she has, give her the pro's and con's and let her make the final decision. And you know what? She rocked the season, was first place up till 3 weeks ago. And now she has lost 3 in a row (one bad beat, then the Steelers Mud Bowl did not help, she has Big Ben and Parker) etc.... ANYWAYS, my team is on a hot streak, have won 3 in a row and looking damn strong this week (I have picked up, Grant, Fargas, S. Young, K. Jones etc....) Now with her 3 losses, she is one loss away from not making the playoffs at all (well she still can if the one team on the bubble loses too, then she gets in regardless). And now this week she plays me.... I made a joke to the commish saying that I am going to bench all my players (which I would never do), but what caught me off guard was his response. He told me to just play my weak players.

I think you get the jist. The right thing to do, I am sure is play my strongest players. Even tho, I did play for both of our dues.
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Playing my girlfriend this week in a Money League (Work Leag

Postby RCR » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:26 pm

If it was just you and her playing Scrabble... Poker... Chutes & Ladders... would you try to lose the the last hand or dice roll? Why play then?
RCR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Playing my girlfriend this week in a Money League (Work Leag

Postby spodog » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:00 pm

Put a bet on the game with her. If you lose to her, she has to be your bedroom slave for the next month. If you win, you are hers.

You win either way. :-*
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Commissioner's Corner