IDP Notes and Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Article Discussions

IDP Notes and Rankings

Moderators: daullaz, Football Moderators

IDP Notes and Rankings

Postby WebHamster » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:43 pm

This thread contains comments on the Cafe's "IDP Notes and Rankings", which were posted in the Cafe's Player Rankings section by Alison Derick-Northcutt on December 6, 2007. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 205)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: IDP Notes and Rankings

Postby treat24 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:50 pm

I don't play IDP much. Only 1 league. Gibril Wilson most likely won't play and you have him ranked 3rd at DB. Healthy, he's awesome... but I'd steer clear. You did mention he was questionable. The way McCauley and Griffen have been playing, it would not shock me to see Winfield sit another week either. I hope he plays as he's great against the run. You stop Gore, you stop the 9ers.

Nice writing. I really hope you are here to contribute next season. I need all the IDP help I can get. :-D

Nice work Alison! ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Low and Away » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:12 pm

Yeah, I dont think Gibril Wilson or Winfield play. I gathered most of my data on Weds so tried to make the most accurate call on their status....

Thanks by the way! :-)

I really enjoy it and hope to keep contributing. Its pretty hard to project IDP I think, so it's most helpful during the beggining of the season. That's when we nned tips on picking up "sleepers" or rookies like David Harris and Willis (only a sleeper in some leagues I guess).
Low and Away
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:54 am

Definitely. Beginning of the season is where I needed the help. My league sports 2 DL, 3LB, 2DB, 2Flex, 5 on the Bench... That's right. 14 IDP PER TEAM. So free agency is ALMOST nonexistent. It's all about luck of the draft unfortunately. I think you are right. Projecting IDP is insanely tough. At least for me. However, it's awesome to have someone that is actually making an effort and contributing as you are. :-)

Ok off to go shake Swiper for having too many IDPs. Heck, we start 2 kickers in that league. Swipe is a crazy cat O:-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:40 am

treat24 wrote:My league sports 2 DL, 3LB, 2DB, 2Flex, 5 on the Bench... That's right. 14 IDP PER TEAM.

8-o

I'm lucky then. We only start one of each: LB, DB, DL, Flex, bench of 5, so that's only 9 per team.

Did notice Demarcus Ware (Dal) didn't make the LB list which kinda surprises me a little. What don't I know that I need to know (or should know)? :-) I ask because I've got 3 LB's rostered - London Fletcher, Lance Briggs, and Demarcus Ware. Fletcher is an obvious must-start, but I've been starting Ware over Briggs in my flex spot ever since Briggs had some injury issues a few weeks back, and haven't been disappointed. Ware's averaging 7.9 points to Briggs' 8.3 per week, but it seems like Briggs started off hot then cooled down after the injury, yet he made the rankings and Ware didn't. I earned a bye with the second best record in the league so my team has the week off, but it's do or die in the playoffs next week. }:-) Educate me please, as I need it. :-) :-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Low and Away » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:42 am

Hey Madison, I think Ware is a sound choice. I just base my LB rankings on tackles. Also, his matchup vs pass heavy DET influnced my not ranking him. Someone like Kirk Morrison who gets 7-10 tackles a week will get ranked higher than someone like Ware. it is actually a fair question though, as Ware could proabably be in there (the top 25). Looking at the article, if I could do it again, I might take Ruud or Briggs out and put Ware in there. However, the question is - are there 25 other LBs that accumulate higher tackle numbers consistently? 25 is a pretty thin group...

Anyway, if you are looking for 5 tackles maybe and a sack, Ware is an excellent choice. even better next week vs PHI ;-D
Id go with Fletcher and Ware over Briggs (hope you played Fletcher - he had a good night)!
Low and Away
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:22 am

Cool. That makes sense. Thanks! ;-D

I always play Fletcher B-) . The toss-up is between Briggs and Ware for me. I always seem to stress about that choice when setting my lineup.

Nice articles by the way, I enjoy reading them, and I look forward to more of them. ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:41 pm

Where is Roy Williams? I've been starting him all year in my only IDP league. :-D

Nice job L & A. I enjoyed the article very much. ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Low and Away » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:02 pm

Roy the DB? he's there! #16

Thanks - I hope to keep contributing if my 7 month old will allow me! :*)
Low and Away
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:20 pm

Low and Away wrote:Thanks - I hope to keep contributing if my 7 month old will allow me! :*)

Enjoy them while they are young. They turn into little terrors :-[ (or at least boys do - dunno about girls, not one girl in my family in 9 generations! 8-o ) when they get older. :-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

Return to Article Discussions