Paging Minnesota fans...I know there are many of you here... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Paging Minnesota fans...I know there are many of you here...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Paging Minnesota fans...I know there are many of you here...

Postby Niner Memories » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:32 pm

I am wondering if Chester Taylor is going to continue getting enough carries to be productive.

In the last game, Chet and ADP split evenly and they both had productive/great games.

Is Taylor worth starting this game against the Niners? If MIN gets up big, I can see Taylor picking up the slack.

However, what if the game is close? Will ADP get all/most of the carries in a close game?

What do you all think?

I am debating starting both this week (like I did last week ;-D ) instead of plugging in Rudi. 8-o
Niner Memories
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Paging Minnesota fans...I know there are many of you here...

Postby russellzisky » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:46 pm

It's obviously tough to predict, but I think if the game is close, Adrian will get about 20 carries and Chester will get more like 10-13. I like both of their chances to score touchdowns, it could be the kind of game where they each get a couple or something like that.

My gut tells me ADP will be like 20-131 w/ 2 TD's and Taylor will be 12-61 w/ 1 TD.

If it's a blow-out I think you'll see Chester getting a lot of mop-up time in the 2nd half which would bode well for him statistically.

I'd probably go ahead and roll the dice on the all-Viking backfield, I've lost all faith in Rudi and surprisingly the Rams haven't allowed a 100-yard rusher all season.
russellzisky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:05 pm

russellzisky wrote:It's obviously tough to predict, but I think if the game is close, Adrian will get about 20 carries and Chester will get more like 10-13. I like both of their chances to score touchdowns, it could be the kind of game where they each get a couple or something like that.

My gut tells me ADP will be like 20-131 w/ 2 TD's and Taylor will be 12-61 w/ 1 TD.

If it's a blow-out I think you'll see Chester getting a lot of mop-up time in the 2nd half which would bode well for him statistically.

I'd probably go ahead and roll the dice on the all-Viking backfield, I've lost all faith in Rudi and surprisingly the Rams haven't allowed a 100-yard rusher all season.

Well said. Minny has a rediculous rushing attack and SF sucks. I see both backs doing well but ADP significantly better than Chester as listed above.

If you don't have any other options then start Chester. I get the feeling Minny is going to be cautious with ADP but they are still in playoff contention if they get some help and basically win out.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Niner Memories » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:24 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:If you don't have any other options then start Chester. I

My other options are B.Jacobs and Rudi Johnson.

Johnson has scored a TD in the past two weeks, and looks like a good matchup.
Jacobs was strong when he was healthy, but I am reluctant to play him until it is definite.

So it is down to Rudi/Chet.

I have saved Rudi just for his playoff schedule, so I am in pain right now... :~(
Niner Memories
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby AllDay » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:28 am

Really I think you have to pick one guy, and that guy has to be AD. Chester is a great handcuff if Peterson doesn't play. I don't think you should start 2 RB's from the same team. You want one guy to succeed and get the touches. You can't hope for garbage time production or sneaking an occasional TD away from your other RB.

I'm gonna be at the game, rooting for my Vikes in Monster Park - but mostly I'll be rooting for my money league RB's going head to head.

People are gonna think I'm nuts cheering for both sides, but I'm gonna have a good time with it. Final week of the regular season for me, but the division is wrapped up and next week is a bye.

Strangely enough, Rudi and Jacobs will be the guys on my bench. That's a tough call - Rudi's been warming up a little and looks like he's getting the majority of carries in a decent match-up. That's the safer pick, and probably smarter. Jacob's is a bit of a question mark, but I think he might have higher upside.

I think you gotta take the match-up and the healthier player. Rudi.

I probably should start Rudi and bench Gore myself, but how often do you get to watch your top two RB's go H2H and get to watch your favorite team play the local team?
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk