My Father-in-Law - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

My Father-in-Law

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: My Father-in-Law

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:10 am

The_Captain wrote:My father in law's viewing is tomorrow night and his memorial service is Tuesday morning in Ft. Worth.

Depending on the exact time, I'd come out and meet you man, but not sure that's really all the best of ways to do that. Next time you're going to be in Ft. Worth or Arlington (and possibly even Dallas), hit me up and we'll try to get together.

Really sorry to hear about the loss Cap :,-( , and I'll keep you and yours in my prayers.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:29 am

Sorry to hear Cap. My sincerest condolensces.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:32 pm

Sorry to hear about it, Cap.

My wife lost her Dad a few years ago (hit by a car) so I know your pain. Your wife will more than likely go through a myriad of emotions. You get to be a strong, patient, loving man of God; and when you think you don't have the strength, He gives it to you.

Best wishes through this difficult time. Thoughts and prayers...
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:36 pm

I don't pray too often anymore but I'll throw one your family's way, Cap.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:06 pm

I offer my deepest condolences for your family and friends in this time of grief. I hope that knowing so many good people have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers offers some measure of consolation as you weather this loss.

Best Wishes,
Scott
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby The_Captain » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:05 pm

Thanks for ALL the kind words guys, it means a lot to me and my family.

We had the memorial service for him today and it was a true celebration of Gary's life. It was amazing to hear how many lives were touched and affected by him on this earth and all the fond memories people will forever have of him. It was a great service and I was very proud of my wife who stood up and gave a brief eulogy of her dad, and did so without tears (amazing for her). I was also immensely proud of Kaleigh who read her memory book of her granddad to the congregation and was very proud of what she wrote.

We never know when we'll be called home or when our time on this earth is over, but the loss of my wife's parents reminds me to always be sure to be kind to one another and tell those close to us how much they mean to us.

Thanks again for all the support. This community full of great and caring people.

Madison - we'll have to see if you, Swiper and I can get together for a beer or something soon.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:52 pm

Terribly sorry, Cap, I just saw this. You and your family will most certainly be in our prayers. My father lost his mother and wife in a matter of less than 2 years so I know someone who's been through what your wife is going through. Nothing easy about it, but it's best to focus on the life we remember instead of the loss we now feel. Stay strong for your women Cap, they need you. God bless.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:08 pm

The_Captain wrote:Madison - we'll have to see if you, Swiper and I can get together for a beer or something soon.

Sounds good. ;-D

Glad to hear everything went as well as could be expected in these trying times Cap.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk