GC: Steelers vs Patriots [Week 14] - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC: Steelers vs Patriots [Week 14]

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: GC: Steelers vs Patriots [Week 14]

Postby twiztednailz » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:02 pm

TheJiggyFly wrote:
twiztednailz wrote:
Football is not about toughness anymore.

Do you actually watch players like Wes Welker or do you just like to whine? :~(

(I'm a Steelers fan, but let's at least be realistic)

I can't deny that. Wes Welker is rock solid... Maybe they should hand him the rock on a running play! 33 pass plays, one rush. I'm not whining...these are the game stats. I am just saying that other coaches should take note.
twiztednailz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby S27 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:07 pm

twiztednailz wrote:
TheJiggyFly wrote:
twiztednailz wrote:
Football is not about toughness anymore.

Do you actually watch players like Wes Welker or do you just like to whine? :~(

(I'm a Steelers fan, but let's at least be realistic)

I can't deny that. Wes Welker is rock solid... Maybe they should hand him the rock on a running play! 33 pass plays, one rush. I'm not whining...these are the game stats. I am just saying that other coaches should take note.

You've heard of the West Coast offense, right?
S27
General Manager
General Manager

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby drmoses » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:14 pm

Why is Brady still in this game? This is why I hate this team. If someone breaks his knee I will not feel any sympathy for him or that fat schlub Belichek.
Steve Young is Jesus...
drmoses
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:18 pm

drmoses wrote:Why is Brady still in this game? This is why I hate this team. If someone breaks his knee I will not feel any sympathy for him or that fat schlub Belichek.

I wouldn't feel bad if someone broke your face.

its not Bradys fault that hes still in the game, no need to hate on him.
Yin_Xu88
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheJiggyFly » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:20 pm

drmoses wrote:Why is Brady still in this game? This is why I hate this team. If someone breaks his knee I will not feel any sympathy for him or that fat schlub Belichek.

Just playing Devil's advocate... Why is Big Ben still in the game? They can't realistically score 3 TD's in one minute; why risk the starting QB?

All this hate for the Pats is so uncalled for. They're competitive and they like to win. This is the NFL! These are professional athletes. They train and are paid to score points and win games. There is nothing classless about scoring more points in professional sports. Just because the other team is losing is no reason for the Pats to stop doing their job.

What's classless is everyones' wishing injuries on Pats players who stay in the game.
TheJiggyFly
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby drmoses » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:20 pm

An injury would teach the Patriots a lesson in humility.

Big Ben should probably be out too but this happens every game. The Pariots try and pad their numbers.
Steve Young is Jesus...
drmoses
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 11)

Postby FalconFL » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:22 pm

scottaa1 wrote:I guess the 72 dolphins aren't popping the corks or lighting the cigars. Ironic that the 07 dolphins could go winless at the same time the 72 dolphins may lose the only-undefeated-season distinction.

It only takes one loss to drop the undefeated season. If they're only going to lose one game, I'd prefer it to be in the playoffs.

Especially if they don't sit their players to ensure an undefeated regualar season and wind up with them beat up instead of rested.
FalconFL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby nsulham » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:24 pm

drmoses wrote:An injury would teach the Patriots a lesson in humility.

Big Ben should probably be out too but this happens every game. The Pariots try and pad their numbers.

Dude, did you see that drive at all? It was runs, and then they tried to throw a quick slant to try and pick up the first....and even if you want to bash that play, it was a quick 3-step drop so Brady would get as little rush as possible.

That's hardly trying to pad stats.
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheJiggyFly » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:27 pm

drmoses wrote:An injury would teach the Patriots a lesson in humility.

So, because the Steelers (or any other team they've beaten this season) are losing, the Pats should come onto the field, spike the ball four times, and turn it over to be more humble?

I hate to get into an argument, but there's no stat-padding going on in a 34-13 game of PROFESSIONAL football. Football isn't like basketball where you can just dribble around until the game's over (even then there's a shot clock).

And like I said earlier, I'm a Steelers fan, not a Pats fan ;-D

But good game Patriots; may you have a successful INJURY-FREE rest of the season...
TheJiggyFly
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jcde7ago » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:31 pm

TheJiggyFly wrote:

Just playing Devil's advocate... Why is Big Ben still in the game? They can't realistically score 3 TD's in one minute; why risk the starting QB?

All this hate for the Pats is so uncalled for. They're competitive and they like to win. This is the NFL! These are professional athletes. They train and are paid to score points and win games. There is nothing classless about scoring more points in professional sports. Just because the other team is losing is no reason for the Pats to stop doing their job.

What's classless is everyones' wishing injuries on Pats players who stay in the game.

Totally agree.

If it was a close game, Brady would STILL be out there late in the 4th. It's not like leaving him out there with a comfortable lead somehow EXPONENTIALLY INCREASES the injury risk. It doesn't. He's out there just as much as he would have been had it been a closer game, just like he was out there late the past 2 weeks where no injuries occured...he's just DOING HIS JOB. WHAT IF Brady got rocked in the first possession and got seriously injured? Enough with the "what ifs", they're just ridiculous. :-°
10-Team Yahoo! Keeper League: TheYayArea (in 3rd Year now) 11-0!

Starters:

QB: Tom Brady
WR: Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison
RB: LaDainian Tomlinson, Marshawn Lynch
W/R: Marion Barber III
TE: Chris Cooley
K: Shayne Graham
D: Pittsburgh
jcde7ago
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff