Never bench your studs, never - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Never bench your studs, never

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Never bench your studs, never

Postby u_fig_eater » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:14 pm

It depends...I benched Steve Smith early this year and saved myself a lot of grief. I also benched McGahee vs. NE and that didn't turn out good.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby totalair32 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:06 pm

Wow, I really had a bad call on Andre Johnson this week, sorry everyone. I'll never tell people to sit him again.
totalair32
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Tiger15 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:00 pm

{Bleep}-ing Reggie Wayne and Joseph Addai. My studs let me down this week. If I had started Greg Jennings over Wayne and Brandon Jacobs over Addai, I would have won outright. Now I'm counting on Minnisota's D/ST to get me 36 points.

{Bleep} "studs"
Tiger15
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:21 pm

the key to fantasy football is trade your whole team for LT, then fill the rest of your roster with waiver wire pickups. injuries at RB, QB and WR will probably get you some nice pick ups.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HeimerSchmidt » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:44 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:the key to fantasy football is trade your whole team for LT, then fill the rest of your roster with waiver wire pickups. injuries at RB, QB and WR will probably get you some nice pick ups.

Nice strategy but for the love of god, KEEP YOUR TIGHT END!
I hoard RB's
HeimerSchmidt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)

Postby treat24 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:18 pm

HeimerSchmidt wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:the key to fantasy football is trade your whole team for LT, then fill the rest of your roster with waiver wire pickups. injuries at RB, QB and WR will probably get you some nice pick ups.

Nice strategy but for the love of god, KEEP YOUR TIGHT END!

it works the other way too. I traded LT/Boldin/TJones for ADP/Parker/Braylon/1st rounder beginning of the season... i've been happy with that
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:21 pm

Yes, I'm SOOOOO glad I played Romo over Warner. (let my friends convince me NEVER bench your studs) :-X
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Kirkland Signatures » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:58 pm

Always starting your studs works if it is every week but this week. I am in 6 leagues and in the playoffs in all 6. Three teams I have Romo. Three teams I don't. Is it coincidence that every team with Romo this week lost? And every one of those leagues, if I started my backup QB, I would have won the games. (Garrard, Big Ben, and Derek Anderson) The pits was being up by 10.16 points going into tonight's game. My opponent had Chicago's DEF. And guess what, they got exactly 11 points.... Yes, I was the champion last year so this is very frustrating after a 13-1 season this year!!!!!

Sorry enough venting...
Kirkland Signatures
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Yggdrasil » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:51 am

Well, maybe 60% of the time that is true. Never bench your studs. But, if like me--you have McGahee, Maroney, Brees, etc.... you've been screwed over many weeks this season. The wrost part about FF is the inconsistency and parity of teams and players. You just aren't ever going to have many good week in and week out players. The best you can do is strategize throughout the season and pray for some good old fashioned luck. :-°
Yggdrasil
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Tiger15 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:45 pm

Tiger15 wrote:{Bleep}-ing Reggie Wayne and Joseph Addai. My studs let me down this week. If I had started Greg Jennings over Wayne and Brandon Jacobs over Addai, I would have won outright. Now I'm counting on Minnisota's D/ST to get me 36 points.

{Bleep} "studs"

Well, it's official. The Vikings didn't get me 36 points. Off to the consolation bracket with me. It's just frustrating after being the highest scorer and having the best regular season record (10-3). Those are the breaks.
Tiger15
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting