Minor Leagues for Fantasy Football ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Minor Leagues for Fantasy Football ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Minor Leagues for Fantasy Football ?

Postby MMeFFLCommish » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:20 pm

I'm just curious, after finding this board just a few days ago maybe I can get some input. Certainly every so years a league has the trouble of finding members to fill in any possible owners dropping out. I somewhat solved it in a way with a minor league idea. Built primarily for novice and first time fantasy football owners. The league would only have like 6-8 teams, and drafting would consist of drafting NFL team positions rather than just specific players. For example, instead of Randy Moss, the owner would select New England receivers, or instead of Brett Favre the owner would draft Green Bay Passing/QB's.

A typical line-up would be :
QB - Green Bay
RB - New York Giants
WR - Miami
D/ST- San Diego

Not too much in dept, but structured around someone who knows little about fantasy football and is curious about it and would like to gain knowledge and confidence. The season itself would only last 8-10 games then play-off would be the top 3-4 teams. With this, it could possibly fill any holes that the "Major" league would have in the next season by taking the most knowlegeable, dependable player within the league, and it doesn't have to be the champion that gets "called-up".

Now am I just reading too much into the filling the vacancy problem, or is this a sane idea?
MMeFFLCommish
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Minor Leagues for Fantasy Football ?

Postby spodog » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:23 pm

MMeFFLCommish wrote:
Not too much in dept, but structured around someone who knows little about fantasy football and is curious about it and would like to gain knowledge and confidence.

Now am I just reading too much into the filling the vacancy problem, or is this a sane idea?

Who would play in this? 5 year olds?
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner