Radar Device Warns When Sex Offender is Near - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Radar Device Warns When Sex Offender is Near

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Radar Device Warns When Sex Offender is Near

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:48 am

The general idea is a decent one, even if a little farfetched. I think it would get out of hand, especially if you were in a crowded store or something. It could cause paranoia more than anything. Stay close to your child and be aware of your surroundings. It shouldn't take an electronic device to tell a parent to do that. I like Joel's and Tiki's ideas regarding schools, daycares, etc.

I'm concerned about the taking away of the living rights of these horrible people. I don't believe they deserve to breath, but at the same time, if we take away all of their living arrangement options, they'll go underground and we'll have no idea where or who they are. A coworker just found out that the creepy man that lives in the basement of his parents house next door to their own, is a registered sex offender. And she has 2 young daughters. Unrelated to this, but they have since moved. Scary though.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:20 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I'm concerned about the taking away of the living rights of these horrible people. I don't believe they deserve to breath, but at the same time, if we take away all of their living arrangement options, they'll go underground and we'll have no idea where or who they are. A coworker just found out that the creepy man that lives in the basement of his parents house next door to their own, is a registered sex offender. And she has 2 young daughters. Unrelated to this, but they have since moved. Scary though.

There was a huge uproar in Chicago a few years back when the local FOX news channel discovered a halfway house that had a lot of sex offenders (child and otherwise) located right next to an elementary school. Once that report aired, the halfway house lasted a day before it was shut down.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:46 am

beanoX3 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I'm concerned about the taking away of the living rights of these horrible people. I don't believe they deserve to breath, but at the same time, if we take away all of their living arrangement options, they'll go underground and we'll have no idea where or who they are. A coworker just found out that the creepy man that lives in the basement of his parents house next door to their own, is a registered sex offender. And she has 2 young daughters. Unrelated to this, but they have since moved. Scary though.

There was a huge uproar in Chicago a few years back when the local FOX news channel discovered a halfway house that had a lot of sex offenders (child and otherwise) located right next to an elementary school. Once that report aired, the halfway house lasted a day before it was shut down.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think there needs to be distances set from schools, daycares, etc., but from what I was reading, some states basically wanted to restrict, at a specified distance, these sex offenders from anywhere that might have children, but aren't necessarily only geared towards children. That, I think is a bit overboard, and not because I think it's too harsh. Far from it. These people have no regard to decency and law and I find some of these proposed restrictions too much for them to want to adhere to and they'll just go underground and we'll have no idea where or who they are. That's a more frightening thing than the possibility of a pedophile living across the street from a toy store.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:15 pm

Dumb.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball