Anyone else have bad luck this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone else have bad luck this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone else have bad luck this year?

Postby charger_ss24 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:05 pm

I was third in scoring in my 8-team league, but yet I finished dead last! %-6
[img]www.i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/oczindian03/LJRB2border1199.jpg [/img]

Thanks to oczindian03 for creating my signature!
charger_ss24
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anyone else have bad luck this year?

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:49 pm

I was third in scoring and finished seventh out of twelve, out of the playoffs.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:15 pm

My team started off great but crashed and burned after week 4 or so. My worst finish ever, thanks to Travis Henry and Rudi Johnson. :-P
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 011472 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:02 pm

I was third in scoring but fourth in my division. The top four scoring teams ended up in the same division. I had disappointment with Gore and Palmer and lost twice by less than two points and another time when freakin' Jamal Lewis went for four touchdowns against me.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AllDay » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:33 pm

Not yet.

4 #1's, a #2, and a #4.

Hopefully my 'luck' continues in the playoffs.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:14 pm

Yea I gotta admit its alot of luck involved, you know its your year when you score 60-70 pts one week, most of the other league blows you out, but the guy you play scores 58, all the while some other team scored 120 and lost to the guy with 145 lol...its crazy like that

1st rd of the playoffs, 2 teams faced off score was 140-126, in my game its 85- 72, we both would of been blown out had we seeded up with one of them and they would of gone on...it takes ALOT of luck to make a run, some years that havent been going your way all year just werent your year
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kilroy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:17 pm

I made the playoffs in 9 outta 13 leagues (12 Cafe) so I'm not gonna b***h too much, but in two of the leagues in which I didn't injuries just ravaged my teams, and one team ate quarterbacks at such an alarming rate that I decided it was Kursed.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby taw856 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:31 am

I'd like to pretend this year was bad luck, but the four teams ahead of me had LaDanian Tomlinson and Brett Favre (first place), Tom Brady (second place), Adrian Peterson and Peyton Manning (third place, though he lost first round of the playoffs too) and Randy Moss and Plaxico Burress (fourth place), so it's hard to say they weren't deserving. I started 6-1 with wins over the second and third place teams, but just finished getting wiped out of the first round of the playoffs with a second loss to the fourth place team. I'm 8-6, pending the 5th place game, which I'll probably lose to Peyton. :-P

12-team league, so I suppose that's still respectable.

Could be worse, I was fifth in points in a 16-team league while going 5-10 once.

Congrats to all this year's league-winners, by the way.
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 183)

Postby benb18a » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:39 am

I took over for a Cafe team on opening Sunday; the guy who drafted it left the lineup empty and deserted the team. Romo was on my bench, and would have outscored my week one opponent if he was started. I go on to finish 6-7 while owning the tie breaker with the 7-6 team that had the last playoff spot.

All the bad luck of my five leagues seemed to come into one team. I started the year with Bulger, Delhomme, SA, Jacobs, Bell, Foster, Holt, VJax, Reggie Brown, Stallworth, and LJ Smith. I bet McFadden won't come out next year since he didn't get Heisman.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kilroy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:56 am

benb18a wrote:I took over for a Cafe team on opening Sunday; the guy who drafted it left the lineup empty and deserted the team. Romo was on my bench, and would have outscored my week one opponent if he was started. I go on to finish 6-7 while owning the tie breaker with the 7-6 team that had the last playoff spot.

All the bad luck of my five leagues seemed to come into one team. I started the year with Bulger, Delhomme, SA, Jacobs, Bell, Foster, Holt, VJax, Reggie Brown, Stallworth, and LJ Smith. I bet McFadden won't come out next year since he didn't get Heisman.

I'll take that bet. :-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk