Answer a Question, Ask a Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Answer a Question, Ask a Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Answer a Question, Ask a Question

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:46 pm

Note that the question didn't specify that it was a woman doing the palming... %-6

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:53 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Note that the question didn't specify that it was a woman doing the palming... %-6

yeah, that's why in my answer I specified :) wasn't gonna open up the door...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:11 pm

RiffRaff wrote:What is the smallest "Thing" that set you off and caused you to throw a punch?

Since this never got an answer...

Someone stealing my lighter, back in college. The guy was a friend of my roommate, a punk and petty thief (the guy, not my old roommate). Suffice to say alchohol was involved. I put him against the wall and hit him. Got my lighter back. !+)

Ever intervened when a guy was getting violent w/ a women when you didn't know either of them?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:18 pm

treat24 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Note that the question didn't specify that it was a woman doing the palming... %-6

yeah, that's why in my answer I specified :) wasn't gonna open up the door...

Hard to open a door that's already open. ;-7

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:24 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Ever intervened when a guy was getting violent w/ a women when you didn't know either of them?

No I don't think I have but I would.

Same question
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:43 pm

Metroid wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:Ever intervened when a guy was getting violent w/ a women when you didn't know either of them?

No I don't think I have but I would.

Same here. I'd give the guy a helping hand. Don't make Wayne Brady slap a hoe!

Do you want to hug me?
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:46 pm

Yes I have. We were living in our condo in Foster City, CA, and on the level below us this guy suddenly starts yelling REALLY LOUD, and you could hear this girl whimpering in the background. I ran outside while telling my wife, "CALL 911!" I got to the top of the stairs and saw this big dude with this woman pinned in the corner and he had his fist raised, and I just reacted and I yelled HEY!!.

The dude jumped and wigged and lost his cool... aaaaand that pissed him off. So he comes up the stairs at me cursing me out and we exchanged a few words, mostly me telling him to leave the woman alone and go, him telling me it wasn't my business and to go back inside (not in those pleasant terms, mind you), and I think he was thinking he was going to take care of some business with me before taking care of his business with this woman, but as he got higher and higher up the stairs and got closer and closer, I think he realized he was about four inches shorter and 50lbs lighter than me, and I wasn't backing away as he was coming forward. That took a little starch out of him, but he kept cursing me out and acting all tough. I just stood my ground and told him whatever his problem was he didn't need to take it out on her.

We were in this stalemate for like five minutes, and the whole time I'm thinking, "Where the hell are the cops!" Stupid me didn't realize that some dude taking it out on his woman didn't rank all that highly on the "to-do" list for California police like I thought it might, so I ended up on my own the whole way. The cops never showed, and after about five minutes he realized three things - he was going to have to invest a serious amount of hurt to take anything out of me, I wasn't leaving, and his girl was.

By the time he figured this all out the woman had gone away down the condo units and it was just he and me. He gave me a few more curses and took off, and I didn't sleep for the next week expecting him to come back and talk it over. But he never did, and for at least that time I kept that woman from getting popped.

Next Question:

Have you ever invested a decent amount of time talking to someone seriously, only to find they weren't taking you seriously the whole time? If so, how did that make you feel after realizing that?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:55 pm

knapplc wrote:Next Question:

Have you ever invested a decent amount of time talking to someone seriously, only to find they weren't taking you seriously the whole time? If so, how did that make you feel after realizing that?

Yes. it filled me with resent for the person(s) and I avoided them in the future. This has happened with salespeople in all forms, and with people at work, when they just want something from me and don't really care what I have to say, they just want something out of me.

Ever dug up an older thread and bumped it because you were in a lull at work and it was a little quiet in GT? :-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:05 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Ever dug up an older thread and bumped it because you were in a lull at work and it was a little quiet in GT? :-)

NO, but I've locked them }:-) :-b

Jimboozie wrote:Do you want to hug me?

knapplc wrote:Yes I have.

Ever felt guilty about posting...or playing games while working?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:14 pm

That's funny about boozie asking for a hug and my next line. Good connection. :-b

To answer Dream's question, yeah, I've felt guilty about it... sometimes. I have monthly and quarterly production goals at work, and I meet them pretty easily which allows me some free time, and it's not like I can go out and call people to drum up business or stock shelves so I have a fair amount of down time, but all the same I have felt guilty about posting here at times. That's a part of why I don't post here as much.

Next Question:

Have you ever painted or written or carved or created something that was really good, and not like "good" but REALLY good?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk