Silkscreen Help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Silkscreen Help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Silkscreen Help

Postby Pats4four » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:22 pm

I'm about to do an art 'silkscreen' project at school which involves taking a good, detailed, dynamic picture and producing several silkscreens that can then be collaged. I'm looking for help in finding a good picture that doesn't have to be football related for the project. Ideally, a 'good' picture would be one with good detail. The pictures have to be altered using Photoshop and the effect 'threshold' is used to create pixels that can then be cut out to create a template in which paint is then forced through the pixels cut out. This means good pictures would be ones with lots of detail in terms of quite a fair few pixels when thresholded and you can also see the figures in the picture when thresholded.

Thanks.
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Silkscreen Help

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:59 pm

If I am understanding what you are doing right, then I do know that flowers work well.

Actually, now that I look at some stuff, is this going to be a complete threshold (pretty much loss of all detail except for outlines)

Is this what you are doing sort of?

joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pats4four » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:16 am

I'm looking for stuff when thresholded has lots of pixels. If i did your picture, Joel and thresholded it, there'd be a couple of areas of black and white. This would mean that when I cut out the white or black areas adn forced the paint through the holes they'd just be mass areas of paint. I want something with lots of small white or black areas when thresholded but thanks for the help anyway!
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:30 am

Pats4four wrote:I'm looking for stuff when thresholded has lots of pixels. If i did your picture, Joel and thresholded it, there'd be a couple of areas of black and white. This would mean that when I cut out the white or black areas adn forced the paint through the holes they'd just be mass areas of paint. I want something with lots of small white or black areas when thresholded but thanks for the help anyway!

Alright. I'll keep my eyes open. I hate working with thresholds because I can't ever seem to make it look right. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:12 pm

DO IT UP!!!

Actually that probably isn't detailed enough, but those would be awesome.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pats4four » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:09 pm

Lovin' that album cover Tiki but my teacher will say I need something 'dynamic' whatever that means...
I was thinking of getting a football picture such as when MJD popped that block on Merriman or the hit Sheldon Brown lay on Bush last year. The problem with this is when I threshold it, because of the block colours on the NFL uniforms, the pixels are way too large and there isn't enough detail. Thanks for the input though. ;-D
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to General Talk