Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Week 14 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Article Discussions

Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Week 14

Moderators: daullaz, Football Moderators

Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Week 14

Postby WebHamster » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:28 pm

This thread contains comments on Michael Stephens's Article "Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Week 14", which was posted in the Cafe's Articles section on December 11, 2007. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 208)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Week 14

Postby joediggs » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:43 pm

Michael,
I need some personalized fantasy help....please! I am in the semis of the playoffs this week and have two decisions to make regarding my team. Overall my team is stacked: Brady, LT, Housh, Fitz (we play any 4 combo of RBs, WRs and TEs), Crosby as my K...Do I play Rudi Johnson or Willie Parker in my last spot and which D do I play? GB or TB?
I think Rudi can run well against my 49ers and definitely has a better chance of getting in the end zone. Parker has been putting up yards but he is playing a tougher D and is usually scared to score TDs. What is your expert opinion?
Also defenses... I picked up TB for their late-season matchups and have not really had to use them yet as GB killed it last week. Do I play GB against a suspect STL team (or do I only play them only if Berlin is starting for Bulger)? TBs matchup is good as well but ATL might be fuming after their coach bolted. Then again the Falcons haven't shown much all season.
Thanks a bunch and good luck to you and your Seahawks in the playoffs.
-JD
joediggs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:30 pm

joediggs wrote:Do I play Rudi Johnson or Willie Parker in my last spot and which D do I play? GB or TB?
I think Rudi can run well against my 49ers and definitely has a better chance of getting in the end zone. Parker has been putting up yards but he is playing a tougher D and is usually scared to score TDs. What is your expert opinion?
Also defenses... I picked up TB for their late-season matchups and have not really had to use them yet as GB killed it last week. Do I play GB against a suspect STL team (or do I only play them only if Berlin is starting for Bulger)? TBs matchup is good as well but ATL might be fuming after their coach bolted. Then again the Falcons haven't shown much all season.
Thanks a bunch and good luck to you and your Seahawks in the playoffs.
-JD

First of all Id like to thank you for reading the article and for coming to me for advice :-)

I think you are really on the right track with your thinking here. Both tailbacks are relatively equal on paper, but Rudi has a much better matchup. The 49ers are giving up over 40 yards a game more on the ground than the Jaguars, and they have allowed 2 more rushing scores on the season. Couple this with the fact that Rudi has scored in three straight games and Parker has gone scoreless in six straight games. Though Parker has a slightly better chance of going over 100 yards, he is not a good bet to score on the Jags. The Steelers will have to pass to win this one. IF your league gives a 3 point bonus for topping 100 yards or you had a PPR situation, I would say its a push. Since you don't, I say that you have to start Rudi in your fourth spot. You are stacked at the top of your lineup anyways, and using Rudi essentially as your flex player in this situation with his matchup is fantasy gold ;-D

As far as the defenses, I think you are also on the right track. If your league gives credit for points allowed and total yards then then Rams are a BIT more dangerous (because of Atlantas inability to run the ball period, much less on Tampa Bay in South Florida). I think that if Berlin starts for the Rams and the scoring system for your league is relatively standard, then you have to start the Pack D/ST. Otherwise I would go with Tampa, but to be honest you can't go wrong here. You have drawn two of the best defenses for week 15 because they will both force a lot of turnovers and have an equal chance of scoring on defense (I have a gut feeling that Tampa Bay scores on defense this week, but you can't ever officially bank on this).

Hope this helps! Ill be rolling with Tampa because my next best choice is the Ravens. My flex play is looking like Anthony Gonzalez, so I envy you this week in the Semi's :-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby totalair32 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:44 am

Great read Michael. First time I've read the Tuesday Morning QB. Just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed it!
totalair32
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Low and Away » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:16 am

Ditto - this takes a lot of time to do this type of article and it's really nicely done. :-)
-Alison
Low and Away
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:13 pm

Hey, thanks for all the props guys and gal! Im glad to able to put a piece out there that you can enjoy and use to your advantage every week. The pleasure is mine to be able to write the TMQ every week! Im thankful for a place like the Cafe so I can share my knowledge and research with the members. Im always looking to better my writing, so please keep the questions, comments, and suggestions coming - they are all much appreciated! Thanks again!
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Article Discussions