2008 Fantasy Football Tips - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

2008 Fantasy Football Tips

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008 Fantasy Football Tips

Postby manateemedia » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:06 pm

Metroid wrote:You've been here long enough to know that you can't use those naughty words here.


Sorry, I'll be more careful when using the word "darn". I won't use it again.

Your image in your signature isn't out of taste at all.
manateemedia
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 342
Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2008 Fantasy Football Tips

Postby ttwarrior1 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:27 pm

here's a tip, don't get too obsessed with rb, most teams that drafted 4 rb early have 2 probaly if not 3 out with injuries, couldn't trade the rb they drafted and they wonder why their wr's suck

next year a good team would be this in round order
1 AP
2. Brees
3. Top wr available
4. Top wr
5. Mcfadden
6. Top wr available
7 Top Te
8 Top Te
9 . backup qb
10 take another rookie rb or sleeper
11. Same
12. D
13 K
14 D or k
Always keep waiver at 1 to pickup the next studd rb on free agency, this is another reason you don' t need to draft another rb. Like jones drew last season and grant this season.
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1025
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2008 Fantasy Football Tips

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:50 pm

i'm sure there were some good tips in the list.

there is no "set" way to draft, every year it changes based on the number of good rbs/wides/qbs available as well as your draft position. coming into this draft there seemed to be an abundance of running backs to be chosen, and it turns out most of them sucked or got injured. a lot of receivers did well, so next year there will probably be a good amount of wides taken in rounds 2-5....meaning that rb3s and maybe even a few rb2s can be had for dirt cheap in the 5th or later rounds...this is all imo.
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5309
Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Beantown, Taxachusetts

Re: 2008 Fantasy Football Tips

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:30 am

manateemedia wrote:
Metroid wrote:You've been here long enough to know that you can't use those naughty words here.


Sorry, I'll be more careful when using the word "darn". I won't use it again.

"Darn" wasn't the word you used and you know it bub, besides the little note at the bottom of your post lets everyone know you edited it. :-b

manateemedia wrote:Your image in your signature isn't out of taste at all.


And whats the point of that? Using the word you used(which is against Cafe rules)and a pic of drunken passed out Santa are two totally different things. We're not talking about bad taste we're talking about you using language that can get you carded or banned from the Cafe. You could have just taken my post as a friendly warning. :-?

Methinks you're still a little butt hurt that people here called your list lame...oh wait that was you never mind. :-b
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: 2008 Fantasy Football Tips

Postby WessWackos » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:24 am

Metroid,

Please refrain from posting with your personalized sig attached. We appreciate hearing what you have to say, but seeing you in your Santa outfit is a pic only your wife can love. ;-D

~the entire Cafe'
WessWackos
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 561
Joined: 16 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2008 Fantasy Football Tips

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:28 am

WessWackos wrote:Metroid,

Please refrain from posting with your personalized sig attached. We appreciate hearing what you have to say, but seeing you in your Santa outfit is a pic only your wife can love. ;-D

~the entire Cafe'

Pssssh you don't speak for the entire Cafe. And that ain't me in the pic thats Kilroy read underneath. ;-D

:-b
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: 2008 Fantasy Football Tips

Postby manateemedia » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:04 pm

Metroid wrote:
manateemedia wrote:
Metroid wrote:You've been here long enough to know that you can't use those naughty words here.


Sorry, I'll be more careful when using the word "darn". I won't use it again.

"Darn" wasn't the word you used and you know it bub, besides the little note at the bottom of your post lets everyone know you edited it. :-b

manateemedia wrote:Your image in your signature isn't out of taste at all.


And whats the point of that? Using the word you used(which is against Cafe rules)and a pic of drunken passed out Santa are two totally different things. We're not talking about bad taste we're talking about you using language that can get you carded or banned from the Cafe. You could have just taken my post as a friendly warning. :-?

Methinks you're still a little butt hurt that people here called your list lame...oh wait that was you never mind. :-b



Metroid: blah blah blah... blah blah blah

Ok, please remove the picture of your boyfriend from your sig... it is nasty. I'm proud of you, but please keep it to yourself. Thanks.
manateemedia
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 342
Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2008 Fantasy Football Tips

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:08 pm

You're funny manateemedia...I have no idea who you are but you're funny. :-b
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: 2008 Fantasy Football Tips

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:19 pm

Drunken Santa is awesome!! And deeray is going to be darn mad that people think Met and Kilroy are a couple. Deeray is usually quiet and composed, but when it comes to his man, he can get pretty darn violent.

:-B
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5971
Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2008 Fantasy Football Tips

Postby FatFoot » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:41 pm

...just doing my part to keep this AWESOME thread alive.

:)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3259
Joined: 28 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the Belly of the Beast

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 22:50 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact