Orlovsky - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Orlovsky

Moderator: Football Moderators

Orlovsky

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:19 pm

What is the status with him? Is he the backup/3rd string guy? Any chance he has a shot as a starter going into next year? Maybe with some coaching turnover he will get a shot? Of course he could easily be jettisoned for the new coaches pet also. I am a UConn football fan so that is why I am interested. He put us on the map.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Orlovsky

Postby dream_017 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:57 pm

skibrett15 wrote:What is the status with him? Is he the backup/3rd string guy? Any chance he has a shot as a starter going into next year? Maybe with some coaching turnover he will get a shot? Of course he could easily be jettisoned for the new coaches pet also. I am a UConn football fan so that is why I am interested. He put us on the map.

Right now JT is the back-up adn will continue to get the back-up duties the rest of the season. If I had to guess, I would say that next years QB is not currently on the Lions roster...just a hunch
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby moochman » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:02 am

skibrett15 wrote: I am a UConn football fan so that is why I am interested.

So you're the one! :-b

I doubt Orlovski will ever have any impact in the NFL. We liked his future so much that we picked up a QB in J J O'Sullivan swho couldn't keep a job with 6 other teams and drafted Stanton, who might be able to develop into a career back-up.
He's looked okay in exhibition games, by that I mean good throwing motion, good arm strength. Who knows, maybe with a different OC he might get a fresh start.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:07 pm

Well heres the thing he probably is really good. I mean that would make perfect sense wouldnt it?? I mean we wouldnt draft Stanton in a draft that we could have gotten him 5 rounds later if Orlovsky wasnt good would we? That would make sense and thats not what the Lions go by. If i had to guess he will leave the Lions without ever getting a chance. Go to somewhere where he can back up then the starter gets hurt and then a new star arises!! ORLOVSKY the fans will chant and worship him. And everyone in Detroit will be left wondering what happened just as they are all the time. Just as they will be when Roy and KJ leave. One good thing i have seen with the Lions is that Woody is good at the right side there. I think they have something with that. I mean it might take another game to get me completely sold but the line did awesome against Dallas. Dammit why couldnt they just close that one out???!!? Its like they had to work at losing. And all the Lions fans deep down knew that the Lions were going to lose it. It didnt matter if Hanson makes that field goal cause Dallas just would have done more to win.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Detroit Lions