A man nearly died from alcohol poisoning after quaffing a liter of vodka at an airport security check instead of handing it over to comply with new carry-on rules, police said Wednesday.
The incident occurred at the *NAME* airport on Tuesday, where the 64-year-old man was switching planes on his way home to *CITY* from a holiday in Egypt.
New airport rules prohibit passengers from carrying larger quantities of liquid onto planes, and he was told at a security check he would have to either throw out the bottle of vodka or pay a fee to have his carry-on bag checked as cargo.
Instead, he chugged the bottle down — and was quickly unable to stand or otherwise function, police said.
A doctor called to the scene determined he had possibly life-threatening alcohol poisoning, and he was sent to a *CITY* clinic for treatment.
The man, whose name was not released, is expected to be able to complete his journey home in a few days.
Winners get a coupon for one half hour free with RiffRaff's mom and full spectrum antibiotics!
Losers get two hours and no antibiotics!