9 Congressmen vote against recognizing Christmas... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

9 Congressmen vote against recognizing Christmas...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 9 Congressmen vote against recognizing Christmas...

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:49 pm

I didn't read the article, nor the following posts, I'm just going to go on board as expressing disappointment if the congresspeople did indeed do what the thread title implies.

Edit: and isn't that how government by the people, for the people should work?
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: 9 Congressmen vote against recognizing Christmas...

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:49 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Edit: and isn't that how government by the people, for the people should work?

Jack Bauer should be President. All of our domestic security problems would be fixed in 24 hours. :-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5971
Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 9 Congressmen vote against recognizing Christmas...

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:45 pm

I want to know if they truly in no way shape form or fashion acknowledge Christmas or the Christmas season in any way.
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Re: 9 Congressmen vote against recognizing Christmas...

Postby moonhead » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:56 pm

i'm still not sold...who cares, and why?
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Re: 9 Congressmen vote against recognizing Christmas...

Postby stomperrob » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:20 am

moonhead wrote:i'm still not sold...who cares, and why?


I certainly do - I chucked all my Christmas cards I was gonna send in the garbage - tomorrow I'm gonna go to WalMart for a box of Diwali cards!!!
:-B
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 168)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: 9 Congressmen vote against recognizing Christmas...

Postby moonhead » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:36 am

stomperrob wrote:
moonhead wrote:i'm still not sold...who cares, and why?


I certainly do - I chucked all my Christmas cards I was gonna send in the garbage - tomorrow I'm gonna go to WalMart for a box of Diwali cards!!!
:-B

that's what i'm talking about. ;-D
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Re: 9 Congressmen vote against recognizing Christmas...

Postby stomperrob » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:42 am

moonhead wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
moonhead wrote:i'm still not sold...who cares, and why?


I certainly do - I chucked all my Christmas cards I was gonna send in the garbage - tomorrow I'm gonna go to WalMart for a box of Diwali cards!!!
:-B

that's what i'm talking about. ;-D


...and if they don't have any, I'm gonna call my Congressman!!!
:-C
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 168)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: 9 Congressmen vote against recognizing Christmas...

Postby moonhead » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:49 am

as you should. it got more popularity votes in congress than did xmas.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Re: 9 Congressmen vote against recognizing Christmas...

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:28 am

I'm surprised you don't care moon. As much as you despise tradition, can't you appreciate the battle that's been going on for some time here? It's not new news by any means, it's just leaking out in ridiculous form like this every now and then. It's not going to stop, it'll only become a bigger snowball until 8 other people think it's a good idea and so on. I know you understand the importance of rights in this country. For a large majority, Christmas is important. Shouldn't they have that right? I don't understand how you differentiate the rights of a bear and the rights of someone who celebrates Christmas.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: 9 Congressmen vote against recognizing Christmas...

Postby moonhead » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:36 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I'm surprised you don't care moon. As much as you despise tradition, can't you appreciate the battle that's been going on for some time here? It's not new news by any means, it's just leaking out in ridiculous form like this every now and then. It's not going to stop, it'll only become a bigger snowball until 8 other people think it's a good idea and so on. I know you understand the importance of rights in this country. For a large majority, Christmas is important. Shouldn't they have that right? I don't understand how you differentiate the rights of a bear and the rights of someone who celebrates Christmas.

christmas isn't going anywhere. give me a break.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 23:19 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact