9 Congressmen vote against recognizing Christmas... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

9 Congressmen vote against recognizing Christmas...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 9 Congressmen vote against recognizing Christmas...

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:57 am

moonhead wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I'm surprised you don't care moon. As much as you despise tradition, can't you appreciate the battle that's been going on for some time here? It's not new news by any means, it's just leaking out in ridiculous form like this every now and then. It's not going to stop, it'll only become a bigger snowball until 8 other people think it's a good idea and so on. I know you understand the importance of rights in this country. For a large majority, Christmas is important. Shouldn't they have that right? I don't understand how you differentiate the rights of a bear and the rights of someone who celebrates Christmas.

christmas isn't going anywhere. give me a break.

So just ignore it I guess. Gotcha. ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:23 am

Actually, in this case I think you should ignore it. They supposedly voted like this because it was so obvious Christmas and Christianity is an important part of the society that spending time voting on a declaration declaring it so was a waste of time. He was making a point and considering this is such an absurd think to call a vote on in the first place, Christians would be better served fighting against a legitimate threat instead of a small group of idiots grandstanding. In other words, pick your battles. Complaining about every anti-Christian sentiment will only trivialize legitimate gripes later.

Just my .02
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby stomperrob » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:25 pm

...but in keeping with the spirit of the politically correct times, and not wishing to offend any non-Christians - let me be the first here to wish everyone a very Happy Diwali!!! Drive safe!

;-) :-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:11 pm

I guess it's more of a statement against bush and not a statement against Christmas. But they did choose that one to do it one, which will displease a few more.

linky
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Previous

Return to General Talk