Shanahan has single handedly f#*!ed me over again. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Shanahan has single handedly f#*!ed me over again.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Shanahan has single handedly f#*!ed me over again.

Postby Munboy » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:02 am

This is pretty much common knowledge since Portis was traded. If you do decide to start a Denver RB, know you're rolling the dice on wether that RB even plays or not, much less is the featured back
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Armchair-QB1 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:27 am

Munboy wrote:This is pretty much common knowledge since Portis was traded. If you do decide to start a Denver RB, know you're rolling the dice on wether that RB even plays or not, much less is the featured back

Don't think I didn't know what I was getting into since I could write a book about it. I tried to avoid the whole Denver RB situation until Henry sounded like he was going to get suspended, and I was hurting in the RB depth chart. He has an outstanding RB in Young (who gain 156 hard earn yards the week before going to Houston )and has great hands, yet he gives Henry have the majority of the carries even though Shanahan typically goes with the "hot hand"!? On top of that, Houston was rated twenty something against the rush and he only tried running 18 times--whaaat? Instead of going after their weakness he tried to attack their strength (39 pass attempts) and lost any chance for post season play--GOOD MOVE SHANNY! (Hey, at least he can count on getting something out of one of his pimped RB's so he can pull the same old BS next year)

Long story short is Shanahan is an arrogant over-scheming coach that is never accountable for his piss-poor decision making. He has a load of talent to work with but doesn't know the meaning of "team chemistry", and it shows.

In any case I pulled a rabbit out out of my a-- this week by picking up the right guys (at the right time) off waivers and starting them (and a little help from my opponents Romo & TO), so I'm assured of 2nd place with a 95% chance of first --so I'm ok.
Last edited by Armchair-QB1 on Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Armchair-QB1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:41 am

shanahan had one of the best qbs in football, john elway. but elway didn't win the super bowl for many years.

when did shanahan finally win some rings? when he had a great feature back named terrel davis.

maybeeeeee shanahan should try to have another feature back? :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby EWSPECIALTY » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:02 pm

Long story short is Shanahan is an arrogant over-scheming coach that is never accountable for his piss-poor decision making. He has a load of talent to work with but doesn't know the meaning of "team chemistry", and it shows.

My sentiments exactly. Watching the games you can see it in his face. In another life he would be a used car salesman. No offense to any used car salesman. But he would "that" used car salesman.
Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Doing Right!
EWSPECIALTY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Munboy » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:36 am

Armchair-QB1 wrote:In any case I pulled a rabbit out out of my a-- this week

Neat trick, I'd like to see that....on second thought, no I wouldn't. Poor rabbit.. 8-o
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting