New Jersey abolishes death penalty - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

New Jersey abolishes death penalty

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: New Jersey abolishes death penalty

Postby Madison » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:02 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
josebach wrote:That's a little dramatic isn't it? Wouldn't it be a little more accurate to say the left is fighting for a woman's rights over that of an unborn baby? Do you think it's moral to force a 15 year rape victim against her will to carry a baby to term?

Who would it hurt to put the baby up for adoption?

Did you really read that? :-?

You want to force a 15 year old girl, who was raped, to carry a rapist's baby in her body for 9 months? 8-o Suffer the physical changes to her body, possibly have health issues, shoulder the financial costs of being pregnant, and have a physical and constant reminder of the rape for at least 9 months? 8-o Tack on the embarrassment of the whole thing as well, as it's a wee bit hard to hide a pregnancy (not impossible, but not easy).

That is the very definition of "cruel and unusual punishment", and that's for something she wasn't even responsible for... 8-o

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:03 am

Tiki wrote:The baby. Go ahead and act like adoption is a great life for every baby.

I'm guessing that being dead is a bit worse. :-?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:09 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Tiki wrote:The baby. Go ahead and act like adoption is a great life for every baby.

Forget the kid. How about the rape victim? Scroll up if you want to really hear what I had to say.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:11 am

Madison wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Forget the kid. How about the rape victim? Scroll up if you want to really hear what I had to say.

There are 2 innocents in the story Madison. How can we forget about both? Why does one have to die?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:55 am

Bottom line is this...

Some people support the death penalty for heinous murderers like John Couey.
Other people support the death penalty for innocent unborn children who are deemed to be 'less than human.'

Pro-aborts always bring up the 1/100,000 case of a raped teenager to support killing the other 4000 a day. So what about the other 4000 a day? What about the late-term abortions? What about me and my nephew who were unwanted pregnancies and WOULD BE DEAD if our mommies aborted us?

Remember when white men considered blacks to be less than human? Remember what we did? Remember when Nazis considered Jews to be less than human? Remember what they did? Now we have the unborn. 40 million deaths later and 'enlightened' eyes have yet to open.

So cry me a river for the likes of John Couey. It falls on deaf ears if that compassion is not extended to 40 million helpless unborn children who have been slain on the alter of selfish living. Yeah... guys too.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:14 am

how did we get on abortion? :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:58 am

deerayfan072 wrote:how did we get on abortion? :-?

I think we must have been going down the list of hot topics and landed on this one. Next topic, same-sex marriage. O:-) :-B
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:26 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:There are 2 innocents in the story Madison. How can we forget about both? Why does one have to die?

I just cannot fathom tormenting and torturing a rape victim more. I'd rather do all I can to help the living, breathing innocent than punish her futher, possibly cost her her health and life (not to mention the financial cost), and force her to give birth to a rapist's spawn.

That's a heck of a message to send society...

Guys, want to procreate? Just rape someone.

Ladies? Better fight off those rapists better. Otherwise, you get fat, have to deal with the health issues, get fined (in the form of having to pay out money for the pregnancy - food, medical), be shunned by society, have to live with a physical memory of the rape for at least 9 months (longer and possibly for your entire life if there are health complications), and you could possibly die. Good luck.

Somehow that just seems wrong to me.....

Nfl Fan wrote:Remember when white men considered blacks to be less than human? Remember what we did? Remember when Nazis considered Jews to be less than human? Remember what they did? Now we have the unborn. 40 million deaths later and 'enlightened' eyes have yet to open.

I understand your situation on this topic, but this is a really bad comparison to make.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:58 pm

Madison wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:There are 2 innocents in the story Madison. How can we forget about both? Why does one have to die?

I just cannot fathom tormenting and torturing a rape victim more. I'd rather do all I can to help the living, breathing innocent than punish her futher, possibly cost her her health and life (not to mention the financial cost), and force her to give birth to a rapist's spawn.

That's a heck of a message to send society...

Guys, want to procreate? Just rape someone.

Ladies? Better fight off those rapists better. Otherwise, you get fat, have to deal with the health issues, get fined (in the form of having to pay out money for the pregnancy - food, medical), be shunned by society, have to live with a physical memory of the rape for at least 9 months (longer and possibly for your entire life if there are health complications), and you could possibly die. Good luck.

Somehow that just seems wrong to me.....

It's a tragic incident no matter how you paint it, that is for sure. I honestly don't know how I would react if I were in that situation. Though I'd like to think I'd make the right one, for both victims. There isn't an easy fix or an easy answer, however, I don't think getting rid of the result of something this tragic will rid the victim of the memory.

And I'm pretty sure rapists don't rape to procreate. ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Tiki » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:18 pm

I think that these topics will never be solved, but I think abortion can be wrong in some cases. Like, when two stupid people don't wrap it up and have a kid, than they can't handle their mistake. But, than to flip that what kind of world is that being born into? Poverty? Which is harder?
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk