Store Santa fired for saying "Ho-ho-ho" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Store Santa fired for saying "Ho-ho-ho"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Store Santa fired for saying "Ho-ho-ho"

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:56 pm

Tiki wrote:I still think the Don Imus comment was great.

:-) Thanks.

Not so much the jolly green giant one. Those commercials might be too old for many to remember.

Honestly, I'm surprised Santa never filed suit against the Green Giant company for trademark infringement. Santa must not have much of a legal department. I can see why, what good attorney is going to want to work in the north pole?

"HO HO HO! GREEN GIANT!"
Last edited by scottaa1 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:10 pm

If you had access to Findlaw you'd know that Santa did indeed file suit, and won a trademark infringement claim in the early 1980s, S. Claus v. General Mills, 135 DEL. 398,312 P.2d 998 (1983).
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:52 pm

knapplc wrote:If you had access to Findlaw you'd know that Santa did indeed file suit, and won a trademark infringement claim in the early 1980s, S. Claus v. General Mills, 135 DEL. 398,312 P.2d 998 (1983).

I bet that is some interesting case reading, what was the judges write up?

The entire concept is crazy; I mean, what jury is going to rule against Santa?
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:59 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
knapplc wrote:If you had access to Findlaw you'd know that Santa did indeed file suit, and won a trademark infringement claim in the early 1980s, S. Claus v. General Mills, 135 DEL. 398,312 P.2d 998 (1983).

I bet that is some interesting case reading, what was the judges write up?

The entire concept is crazy; I mean, what jury is going to rule against Santa?

A jewish, hindu and what not jury.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:00 pm

moonhead wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I posted a quick version of the story in the Answers Thread. The guy was basically stocking me moon. Followed me everywhere while I was at work. I couldn't get away from him. I tried to ignore him and get away from him, but he wouldn't leave me alone. He put his hand on my thigh while I was trying to eat lunch. I jumped back and basically said what the hell. He asked me in a really creepy way if I liked it. That's when I punched him. I don't know if that warranted a 'wow', but if it still does for you, that is what it is. I'm curious how you would have handled it moon.

without punching a guy in the nose. don't have time to go into details as i'm leaving job #1 for job #2 right now.

I'll be interested to see how you would have handled it differently. Remember that I did mention I probably could have handled it better. I wasn't looking for a fight or looking for trouble. It was a reaction after feeling like I was basically being attacked. I guess you don't know what it feels like or how you'd feel unless it happened to you. Not that it was that traumatic, but the stalking (happy stomper :-B ) compounded by the gay references and touching, put me over the top and I reacted. I would rarely resort to violence but, for the record, it worked this one time. !+)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Tiki » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:05 pm

Maybe you could've slapped him? Me personally I may have reacted the same, but I have never been in that situation. My guess is though I would've backed away fast and obscenities would fly.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:10 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I posted a quick version of the story in the Answers Thread. The guy was basically stocking me moon. Followed me everywhere while I was at work. I couldn't get away from him. I tried to ignore him and get away from him, but he wouldn't leave me alone. He put his hand on my thigh while I was trying to eat lunch. I jumped back and basically said what the hell. He asked me in a really creepy way if I liked it. That's when I punched him. I don't know if that warranted a 'wow', but if it still does for you, that is what it is. I'm curious how you would have handled it moon.

without punching a guy in the nose. don't have time to go into details as i'm leaving job #1 for job #2 right now.

I'll be interested to see how you would have handled it differently. Remember that I did mention I probably could have handled it better. I wasn't looking for a fight or looking for trouble. It was a reaction after feeling like I was basically being attacked. I guess you don't know what it feels like or how you'd feel unless it happened to you. Not that it was that traumatic, but the stalking (happy stomper :-B ) compounded by the gay references and touching, put me over the top and I reacted. I would rarely resort to violence but, for the record, it worked this one time. !+)

for the record, were you grinning?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:16 pm

Tiki wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:The entire concept is crazy; I mean, what jury is going to rule against Santa?

A jewish, hindu and what not jury.

Guess I wasn't looking for a literal answer here, was trying to add a little levity to an otherwise serious thread.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:21 pm

Tiki wrote:Maybe you could've slapped him?

I'm pretty sure I'd avoid slapping; that could be miscontrued as foreplay given the situation.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Tiki » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:24 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Tiki wrote:Maybe you could've slapped him?

I'm pretty sure I'd avoid slapping; that could be misconstrued as foreplay given the situation.

Haha, I was playing at a different joke, but both work.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk