Week 15 - AFC Central PBC: Jaguars @ Steelers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 15 - AFC Central PBC: Jaguars @ Steelers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 15 - AFC Central PBC: Jaguars @ Steelers

Postby Jack » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:51 pm

Hey Steelie-Oh's, didn't this used to be a mondo rivalry? Why, I remember when:

The only Steeler who got close to stopping Hudson on that return was Bill Cowher...

But that was ancient (1997) history. More-recently, remember when:

What's white and maybe-green and read all over? Tommy Maddox's eyes.

I couldn't find a picture of 27's return-for-TD, but this reminds me...remember when:

9-0, and the most fun I had watching TV all year. A TD would've been nice, but the defense put on a clinic.

So step right up and put your name down on the bag-it-up list, Spitsburgh. Jags win...I guarantee it.
Thanks to madaslives911 for this graphic from his site...
MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE!
Jack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 15 - AFC Central PBC: Jaguars @ Steelers

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:52 pm

Eh, why not? I'm in.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Munboy » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:42 am

Lets see...
2006 - JAX won
2005 - JAX won....But Steelers got one on their thumb. I'll trade a JAX loss for a superbowl any day.
2004 - Steelers won
2002 - Steelers won
2001 - JAX won
2000 - Steelers won
1999 - JAX won
1998 - Steelers won
1997 - JAX won
1996 - Steelers won
1995 - JAX won

By my count, that's 6-5 JAX in the series. But oh yeah, the Steelers won a SB during that time. Remember the last time the Meows won a playoff game? Me either (1999 since your memory stretches all the way back to '97).

Advantage....Steelers by a SuperBowl win. Don't bring that weak history in here until your JAX actually win something, OK? ;-D

And no, I'm not in this PBC since i have to wear this Avatar until the end of the season. :-t
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jack » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:36 am

Munboy wrote:And no, I'm not in this PBC since i have to wear this Avatar until the end of the season. :-t

So risk something else or quit your yapping. I'll accept a standard-sized line in your signature:

One for the thumb, but none on the Jaguars since 2004.

Code: Select all
[color=#008080][b]One for the thumb, but none on the Jaguars since 2004.[/b][/color]

Keep it there for a week, and we'll call it even. I'm already risking a paper bag, but do I have to do something else for you to accept this?

Your fan-snobbishness epitomizes the fun of this rivalry, BTW. The Steelers are the "have-respects," the Jaguars are the "want-respects." A win over the Steelers never works out to anything more than a temporary "Hey, the Jaguars could go someplace"--and, hey, that's the Jaguars' own fault for not beating (for instance) the Colts, the Patriots, or anyone who'd give them a real claim to being a force in this league.

So tell me all about that one Super Bowl ring in almost thirty years. Yeah, I remember when the Jags couldn't get it done against the Titans back in '99, else our teams would be even on that front. But all that talk about the Steelers' prestige just makes this Sunday's win a little sweeter.
Thanks to madaslives911 for this graphic from his site...
MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE!
Jack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Lung » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:11 pm

That's some pretty heavy smack talk there, Jack. I like it. ;-D You put to shame anything the Steelers AFC North opponents have come up with this year. Cafe fans of the Ravens, Browns and Bengals all put together couldn't muster enough to match your smack.

I'm in. GO STEELERS!!!
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Munboy » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:46 pm

Ok, i'm completely pissed off at the Steeler's Oline and their defense as a whole....but hey, at least I'm not a Raven fan.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:51 pm

Munboy wrote:Ok, i'm completely pissed off at the Steeler's Oline and their defense as a whole....but hey, at least I'm not a Raven fan.

Agreed on all counts. Even Marvel Smith, their usually reliable left tackle, looked like complete s**t and got yanked.

Still, Baltimore losing to the Dolphins... :-b
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Lung » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:03 pm

Okay, Jack, the Jags may have won the first round, but they'll likely be back in Pittsburgh in three weeks where the Steelers will win the rematch.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:07 pm

The Lung wrote:Okay, Jack, the Jags may have won the first round, but they'll likely be back in Pittsburgh in three weeks where the Steelers will win the rematch.

That's assuming the Steelers:

1. Don't hold off the Chargers for the 3 seed

and

2. Win the AFC North (they need to win their last two games, both on the road, or have Cleveland lose either @ Cincy or vs. San Fran and win one game)
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Munboy » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:12 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
The Lung wrote:Okay, Jack, the Jags may have won the first round, but they'll likely be back in Pittsburgh in three weeks where the Steelers will win the rematch.

That's assuming the Steelers:

1. Don't hold off the Chargers for the 3 seed

and

2. Win the AFC North (they need to win their last two games, both on the road, or have Cleveland lose either @ Cincy or vs. San Fran and win one game)

Yea, just a few weeks ago we were talking about the Ravens game at the end of the season being a "sitter" game for the starters, but now it's looking like they might have to win out the season. :-o
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting