Week 15 - AFC Central PBC: Jaguars @ Steelers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 15 - AFC Central PBC: Jaguars @ Steelers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 15 - AFC Central PBC: Jaguars @ Steelers

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:22 pm

Munboy wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
The Lung wrote:Okay, Jack, the Jags may have won the first round, but they'll likely be back in Pittsburgh in three weeks where the Steelers will win the rematch.

That's assuming the Steelers:

1. Don't hold off the Chargers for the 3 seed

and

2. Win the AFC North (they need to win their last two games, both on the road, or have Cleveland lose either @ Cincy or vs. San Fran and win one game)

Yea, just a few weeks ago we were talking about the Ravens game at the end of the season being a "sitter" game for the starters, but now it's looking like they might have to win out the season. :-o

Yeah, and I just looked up the Chargers' stats and realized that if both the Steelers and Chargers win out, the Chargers get the 3 seed because they have a 7-3 conference record with two AFC opponents left and the Steelers have a 7-4 conference record with one AFC opponent left.

Crap. :-P
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jack » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:55 pm

Huh...I talked an awful lot of smack before this game--half because I was confident that losing Smith and having Roethlisberger not-100% would tilt the scales in the Jaguars' favor, half to make myself believe it. That would've been an awful-big plate of crow to eat if Jacksonville hadn't delivered...but, hey, that's the chance you take. You guys have been real good sports about this; if it comes down to JAX @ PIT again in a few weeks, I'll be glad to give this a second go.
Thanks to madaslives911 for this graphic from his site...
MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE!
Jack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Munboy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:10 am

Jack wrote:Huh...I talked an awful lot of smack before this game--half because I was confident that losing Smith and having Roethlisberger not-100% would tilt the scales in the Jaguars' favor, half to make myself believe it. That would've been an awful-big plate of crow to eat if Jacksonville hadn't delivered...but, hey, that's the chance you take. You guys have been real good sports about this; if it comes down to JAX @ PIT again in a few weeks, I'll be glad to give this a second go.

Oh yeah, most Steeler fans respect the Jags. The games are usually one of the best of the season. Hardhitting and comes down to the wire. Good games even if you look at it as not a Steeler or Jag fan, but a fan of football in general. I too look forward to a post season meeting. No way will the Jag offense move the ball like that again!

One thing I must point out in regards to my last post about the Defense as a whole. I recant that. I was disappointed in the defense as a whole, excluding Troy P. He was flying around making plays like his old self. He's been off his game (IMO) for the past season and half due to injuries. But this game, he was running down people all day. It was good to see his flying mane and know a play was going to be made. ;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting