Little Update - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Little Update

Moderator: Football Moderators

Little Update

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:40 am

Hey Guys,

Most of you know I am in law school. Well, I have a year left so I got myself a new job. It isn't in the field I ultimately hope to be in (Sports law), but it is getting me in the right direction and it is a lot of money. One drawback to the legal profession is the hours. You may have noticed my decline in posting. I am not working 50-60 Hr a week and trying to have a Christmas season. I should have bit more time come spring, but in the mean time my posting will be limited. For some of you this was interesting, and for others (treat, moon, swiper, boozie, raff, Met) you are probably saying, who cares about this moron :-B . Just letting everyone know
Last edited by deerayfan072 on Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Little Update

Postby moonhead » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:11 am

if you're going to be like that...don't ever ask me about your crappy computer again! :^

:-B B-)
congrats on the job dude. maybe one of these days we'll get the old deegay back posting like a madman. keep up the hard work. and get me some free tickets to games in the future. ;-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby treat24 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:06 am

I definitely noticed the drop in posting and AIM time. It sucks man, but at least you have a nice job putting you on the path to your goal. That's really sweet man! I hope things continue to go well for ya... I understand the bad hours starting out. There are a lot of lawyers in my extended family. Heck, with any career, that's how you start. I was putting in 80 hours a week when I started Pepsi. Now there are weeks where I put in 35-45. Hopefully the job and the schooling goes well and we'll see more of you in the near future. Keep up the hard work, and maybe I'll buy you a drink the last week in January. The wife and I flying into Fort Myers and spending time in Florida for a day or 2. Man, I love flying for free.

Congrats and keep up the nice work man!
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby josebach » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:22 am

treat24 wrote:I definitely noticed the drop in posting and AIM time. It sucks man, but at least you have a nice job putting you on the path to your goal. That's really sweet man! I hope things continue to go well for ya... I understand the bad hours starting out. There are a lot of lawyers in my extended family. Heck, with any career, that's how you start. I was putting in 80 hours a week when I started Pepsi. Now there are weeks where I put in 35-45. Hopefully the job and the schooling goes well and we'll see more of you in the near future. Keep up the hard work, and maybe I'll buy you a drink the last week in January. The wife and I flying into Fort Myers and spending time in Florida for a day or 2. Man, I love flying for free.

Congrats and keep up the nice work man!

My wife's parents live in Fort Myers and my Dad worked for Pepsico International before we moved to Florida. We got all the free cases of Pepsi we could drink, so Pepsi was a big part of my childhood. My Dad had access to all of the blems. :-)

Gratz, Deeray. ;-D

My brother is also a lawyer and is currently busting his ass for 60 hours a week. Fortunately, when you enjoy your work as much as he does (and hopefully as much as you will), it doesn't really matter. I, on the other hand, have absolutely no desire to work that hard. I'm a software developer and could be making some serious bank if I went private and really applied myself, but I'm just not that ambitious when it comes to money and my career for some reason. Different strokes, I guess. Good luck with your new job and congratulations!!!
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:25 am

I didn't even get mentioned....gheywad. :,-(
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby josebach » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:58 am

Metroid wrote:I didn't even get mentioned....gheywad. :,-(

Sorry, Met... Ok, lets see what treat said that reminds me of you.

treat24 wrote:It sucks man, but at least you have a nice job putting you on the path to your goal. That's really sweet man!

Hey, Met sucks too and is really sweet... and when I say suck, I mean not in a bad way... and when I say sweet I mean ghey. :-b ;-D
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:04 am

josebach wrote:My wife's parents live in Fort Myers and my Dad worked for Pepsico International before we moved to Florida. We got all the free cases of Pepsi we could drink, so Pepsi was a big part of my childhood. My Dad had access to all of the blems. :-)

All the pop is nice. I get aquafina free, but now we just get heavy discounts on pop. 24 bottles (like the bottles you get in coolers) for 4 bucks. which is pretty dang good. Love my Pepsi life. Especially after enough years that I don't get crapped on anymore. That's something met and dee enjoy. Me... not so much :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby josebach » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:09 am

treat24 wrote:
josebach wrote:My wife's parents live in Fort Myers and my Dad worked for Pepsico International before we moved to Florida. We got all the free cases of Pepsi we could drink, so Pepsi was a big part of my childhood. My Dad had access to all of the blems. :-)

All the pop is nice. I get aquafina free, but now we just get heavy discounts on pop. 24 bottles (like the bottles you get in coolers) for 4 bucks. which is pretty dang good. Love my Pepsi life. Especially after enough years that I don't get crapped on anymore. That's something met and dee enjoy. Me... not so much :-b
Ever try it when it's cold out?

That's awesome you like your job. I like mine a lot too. It makes all the difference, doesn't it? ;-D

Sorry, deeray... back on subject!!!
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:23 am

Metroid wrote:I didn't even get mentioned....gheywad. :,-(

Fixed for ya ;-D

yea, I do love what I am doing and the office is great. I have my own office with a huge window that looks over Tampa Bay. It is gorgeous ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:49 am

Who are you again? Never heard of ya... :-b

Good to hear from ya dee. Hope things are going well man. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk