How far can the Pack go?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Green Bay Packers

How far can the Pack go??

Moderator: Football Moderators

How far can the Pack go??

Postby Kirby » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:51 am

ok, here is how the playoffs will likely play out, i think
Dallas and GB will get byes, seattle will get the 3 seed, TB the 4 seed. TB will then play NYG(5 seed), likely loose. Seattle will play one of Minnesota, NO, or Arizona, whoever gets the 6 seed. I see Seattle beating any of those teams, which would put them against the Pack in round 2. Giants will probably beat TB, putting them against Dallas in round 2

Assume Dallas beats NYG.
I think the Pack can handle Seattle with no problem, especially in GB. They have had seattles number for a number of years, I dont see that changing now.

This brings us back to Green Bay vs Dallas in Dallas for the NFC Championship.

Talent wise, I think GB can hang with dallas, having a healthy woodson should be a huge help.
What they need to avoid is what happened last time. They went into Dallas last time and looked scared. Trying to throw down field to much, they got way off their normal game thinking they had to do something special to compete with Dallas. When Rodgers came on the field and they went back to their normal dink and dunk down field with the occasional long ball, things looked much better, had then done that all game, maybe they would have won.

I Think if they can go into Dallas and just play with their normal game plan that they have been doing all year, they have a good shot at winning and moving on to the superbowl. At that point, they will have to play NE, and whatever, I dont expect any miracles.

Any thoughts? Am I wrong in hoping that Minnesota somehow falls out of the wildcard spot? They might be the one team I dont want to face in the playoffs.
Kirby
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How far can the Pack go??

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:50 am

Holy crap someone actually posted in a team thread. Other than the Lions thread, there isnt much action in any of these. Green Bay huh? Who would have thought that they would be where they are right now and basically because of one man. Brett Favre. I have liked Favre for as long as i can remember him playing. I wonder how many more years hes gonna play?? I mean last year when he was playing terrible i think he almost started believing the people that were saying he was done. That was basically the only reason i thought he was thinking about retirement. Well now he looks better than i have ever seen him. I would say that hes got another 3 years at this level. Will next year be as good as this year?? Who knows, i mean it could be. They have a RB now, Jennings is looking like hes going to be a star in the league. Driver is still there working his ass off for that last yard. Decent Defense, good O-line. And dont forget Favre. Okay so yeah i think it will come down to Dallas and GB playing. If Green Bay needs any confidence that they can beat Dallas all they need to do is watch the Lions/Cowboys game from last week. The Lions had them beat. Woodson will help a ton if he can get back. If they take T.O. out of the game, have Hawk or Barnett watch Witten a little, and stop the run then i think they should win. But i think to beat them you really have to focus on taking T.O. out of the game. When you are successful at that something changes with that team. Did you see T.O. after the win against Detroit?? He was moping around all pissed off when his team just came from behind on a miracle last minute drive to win the game. All he cared about was that he caught 3 balls for 20 yards or whatever. So yeah, I think Green Bay can get to the Superbowl. Then if they get that far then they get to play the Pats. And like you said you arent expecting any miracles. Could you imagine though if N.E. was undefeated until the superbowl and Brett Favre makes them his bitch and takes GB to the title and knocks N.E. off its high horse lol. Man that would be awesome and im not even a Packers fan lol. ;-D
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Green Bay Packers