WHERE'S RUDI JOHNSON VS 49ERS???!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

WHERE'S RUDI JOHNSON VS 49ERS???!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: WHERE'S RUDI JOHNSON VS 49ERS???!!!

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:09 am

moochman wrote:Rudi got sucked into the votex created by the vacuum of Moron Marvin Lewis's coaching.
We all can agree that Bryant Dumbel is an absolute idiot when it comes to football, right? I mean he doesn't even know which team is which half of the time. Yet he was able to predict when the Bengals were going to run up the gut-whenever Rudi was in the game. Now if a dolt like Dumbel can guess that is it any surprise that Ds are shutting down Rudi and forcing him off the field?

So that is where Rudi is, buried under Lewis's ineptitude.

Yeah i agree with you Mooch. He hardly EVER runs anywhere but straight up the middle. I mean do you even need any skills to do that?? Im being serious. I mean i think i could do it, sure i would get hit harder and probably go down easier sometimes. But grab ball, run forward. Okay i got it boss. At the beginning of the season i had to pick a keeper for this league. My possible keepers were Rudi and Westbrook. Now if you can remember at the end of the year this was ALOT closer than it is these days. I nearly went with Rudy, looking for the consistant RB. He was definately that for me the year before. But I also know that people that can break a 200 yard game with 2-3 TDs, will win you some games as well. And some of these games might just be games that otherwise you should have lost. I cant tell you how many times Westbrook has saved the day for me in his career. Okay i have a question. Where does FWP fall in next years drafts??? I dont want a RB that leads the NFL in yards, touches, everything, but has two freaking TDS.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:11 am

well from games i watched rudi was never an explosive back in the past. the only reason he put up those 1300 yards and 12 tds every year was because the bengals force fed the ball to him and he racked up a ton of 4-5 yard carries. without all those carries now he's not putting up those numbers.

willie parker could be a very late 1st rounder, definitely good enough to be your rb2. it all depends if tomlin is pass happy in the redzone next year too.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:04 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:well from games i watched rudi was never an explosive back in the past. the only reason he put up those 1300 yards and 12 tds every year was because the bengals force fed the ball to him and he racked up a ton of 4-5 yard carries. without all those carries now he's not putting up those numbers.

willie parker could be a very late 1st rounder, definitely good enough to be your rb2. it all depends if tomlin is pass happy in the redzone next year too.

The Bengals also kept Ds honest by passing with authority even when Rudi was on the field. Opened up a lot of holes for Rudi.
FWP would be a great number 2, and a terrible number 1. What concerns me most about FWP is that he doesn't have any long runs this season. Did he bulk up to handle being the feature back without Bettis and lose his burst? He will have to fall to me next year, because I am not going to seek him out.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby quitesanemax » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:30 pm

The only time the Cincy rb situation was any good was when Rudi Johnson was down, and we knew Watson was the guy. Watson definitely was good for fantasy numbers when he was the lone rb. That in mind, I could have sworn I just read at the bottom of the screen on NFL Network that Rudi didn't practice today... but I can't confirm it anywhere. Anyone else see this? If Rudi doesn't play this weekend that makes Watson worth picking up. I"m thinking of dropping Fargas for him.
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting