Mayweather vs Hatton - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Mayweather vs Hatton

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mayweather vs Hatton

Postby lsufan » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:38 pm

I just witnessed this fight on HBO tonight and must say that Hatton was outclassed. Mayweather never looked hurt in the fight. Hatton really looked like he has no boxing skills. I knew that Mayweather beat him before I watched the fight but this fight was really never in question in my opinion. Hatton tried to bulldog him and get in close but never really landed in really good shots. When Mayweather started to box it didn't even look like Hatton deserved to be in the ring. I probably rewinded the first knock down in the 10th round 10 times. You could almost see it in Mayweathers eyes. He knew the fight was over. Fun fight to watch.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mayweather vs Hatton

Postby Tiki » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:35 am

Mayweather is a beast. He could've whooped my arse when he was 12.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:44 pm

Obviously, Hatton looked like a pub fighter next to Floyd, but it was only when he solved Hatton after the first few rounds. Hatton had the right approach to Floyd as he always had, to fight inside, but it was just that Floyd countered well with a better inside attack than Hatton. As someone pulling for Hatton (despite the Manchester City fan ties), I'm glad that Floyd didn't bottle it and was just aggressive in putting him away.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:23 pm

Mayweather's countering and defense are just too good...
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:00 pm

I wish I had cable and pay-per-view so I could get into boxing. I would like to watch more of it, but I don't get much of a chance.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:25 pm

Mayweather was the best I have seen him in a while and was far ahead of where he was against DLH. That said, I think this fight was much closer than most believe, I thought Hatton controlled the tempo in the early rounds and made Mayweather very uncomfortable in the beginning. However, Mayweather is the best for a reason and he adjusted and thoroughly dominated Hatton for the last couple of rounds, culminating in a highlight reel knockout.

Great fight, definitely worth the 60 bucks me and my roommates paid.

Anyone else getting pumped for the throwback matchup of Roy Jones Jr. vs. Tito? I have always been a huge Tito fan and I am excited to see him in the ring again.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:28 pm

Yes! I am hoping my Dad will buy that fight! But, I've always liked Roy Jones Jr.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:41 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:I wish I had cable and pay-per-view so I could get into boxing. I would like to watch more of it, but I don't get much of a chance.

You can watch the fight online for free on a SOP cast. I watched the Mayweather vs Hatton fight for free the night of. It's great stuff.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker