Who else got the miracle win? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who else got the miracle win?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Who else got the miracle win?

Postby scmasse » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:51 am

I pulled out the Miracle as well...unless chester runs for 40 points:) Anyway he had a Monster team of Bross, Westy, and LT...if LT doesn't sit that second half and West not be so unselfish I think I still lose....I started Stecker over Lynch (great last minute decision) and had Colston...even started Warner over Big Ben but didn't really need to.

I have Minn DEF and Longwell left, he has Chester Tailor and I have a 23 point lead.

I was the 7-7 4th seed and knocked off the 13-1 Top seed in round 1...arrogant bastage too:) (he decided to have a trophy made 3 weeks ago celebrating his unstoppable team) The entire league is celebrating!!!
scmasse
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Trot Nixon » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:55 am

I played against a stacked team that had D. Anderson, Addai, Westbrook, Moss and TO...thought I had no chance, ending up winning by 13! ;-D
Trot Nixon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thunderstruck10 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:06 pm

I knocked off the number one seed by 2 points... he's pretty pissed today. He had Brady, Plax, and TO didn't even make it into double-digit fantasy points combined. I feel like I stole something that wasn't mine... but thanks to LT, Peyton, Andre Johnson and Jason Elam for giving me just enough to win. I also had 82 points sitting on my bench (Aaron Stecker, Tony Scheffler, David Patten, etc.) Hopefully next week my team can pick things up again!
thunderstruck10
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby treat24 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:19 pm

giants71 wrote:I'm in my semi finals and lose by 9... BECAUSE OF SEATTLE I HATE THEM SO MUCH RIGHT NOW. the kid i'm playing has Hasselback and Branch and they each get a TD with literally 1 second left in the game when it was meaningless and they had lost. Because of that s**t, I lose. He got 14 pts fromt aht one play and I lose by 9.

mod edit language

watch the language ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby mothaudio » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:19 am

Assuming it holds up I went ahead by exactly 1.00 point on the Sharper INT / return in the MNF game.
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:00 am

I was down by 20 with only ADP to left to play. The 1st quarter sucked. The second quarter sucked except the tackle at the 1 that gave ADP and easy TD. After the 3rd I was still down 5 and right on track for the vic. Down 3 right before the 2nd TD and BOOM! Up just enough to win even if he fumbled on the next play.

Ended up winning by 6. ;-D And they guy I'm playing in the SB always seems to get screwed on draft day but is such a nice genuine person that I really don't care if I win or lose. I'd rather win of course.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby maxqstang » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:02 pm

Thanks to Romo's bad game, I was able to win and get the opportunity to defend my title. I was down by 3 or 4 points with Romo left to play vs my Fargas. I ended up with a 12 pt win and another championship game birth. I was dead in the water before the game b/c of not putting Stecker in and 1 other bonehead play. But in the end, luck was on my side and the #1 team is out. Now it's #4(me) vs #2 for the prize.
2nd Year FFB "Veteran"
4 Leagues Played, 3 Championships Won
Back to Back "The Crimson" Champion
30-26 Regular Season Record (yuck lol)
maxqstang
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Guru13 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:04 am

The Brady/Moss/Stallworth/Welker owner in my $$ league lost this week which is great, because I really didn't want to face him in the playoffs.

edit: O ya, some how or another I survived Romo's meltdown in my Dynasty League and moved on the championship. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:34 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:The Brady/Moss/Stallworth/Welker owner in my $$ league lost this week which is great, because I really didn't want to face him in the playoffs.

edit: O ya, some how or another I survived Romo's meltdown in my Dynasty League and moved on the championship. ;-D

I wasn't as lucky in my cafe Dynasty league. I was the number 1 seed playing a guy who was 7-6. It looked like I had it easily with ROMO, TO, Olsen, and Chicago D left down only 40. Well Romo and TO only get 9 between them, Chicago got over 20, and Olsen sucked like usual so I lost by 8 or so. At least there is no money involved and I get a better rookie draft pick.

The 2 teams in the superbowl have a combined record of 13-13. Wow! I have never seen a SB include such horrible regular season records.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting