Westbrook screws owners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Westbrook screws owners

Moderator: Football Moderators

Westbrook screws owners

Postby Pimps Main Prophet » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:52 pm

How many people are going to lose a playoff game because of Westbrook's GENIUS play ?

The ultimate team player, it was the most heads up play I've ever seen.

Unfortunately it would have been a 10 pt TD for me and I'm losing 104-98.

I still have Plax and he has Chicagos Def/ST

Brian Westbrook IS one of the top 3 RBs in the NFL
Pimps Main Prophet
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Westbrook screws owners

Postby phluux » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:24 pm

I could understand any Westbrook owner being upset about him not scoring, but that was a smart play. As much as I've doubted Westbrook in the past (I even played against him in the MD State playoffs when he played for DeMatha), he is an intelligent and unselfish football player. Gotta give him props on that one. ;-D
phluux
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Response Team
(Past Year: 80)

Postby smoovethug » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:41 pm

Amazing play to have the wherewithal and the guts to realize that the smart play was to not score the TD. I shed a tear to all the owners who will lose this week because of it though.
My Sigs!
Lions WR Roy Williams wrote:I've never seen anything like it. I wasn't a believer in him at first. I'm a Brian Westbrook fan now.
smoovethug
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mashug » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:03 am

I am a Westy owner, and luckily I won a close one despite his unselfish play. While many other players in the NFL would be thinking about their usualy end zone spectacle, this guys showed intelligence and class as he always does. Great, great play. Too bad there aren't more like him, and less like T.O. and Chad Johnson. As a Giant fan, I'd like to hate the guy, but as a football fan, I can't.
Mashug
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wet_fantasy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:35 am

that hurt me as well......my opponent has dallas' DEF.....westbrook saved him from losing 2 pts :-t
wet_fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TaDa » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:09 am

I could understand if the thread was down at the bottom of the page or something, but the exact same topic is the post right below yours.

viewtopic.php?t=382071
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby foxbomb » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:10 am

My fate is still in the air. That TD sure would've iced it, but Now I'm only up 7 pts and he has Berrian & Gould vs my Garrett Wolfe & Sidney Rice. Gonna be close!!
Rivers,Hasselbeck
SJax, Mendenhall, B.Scott, Slaton,JJones
VJax,Jennings,Holmes, Cotchery
Crosby
MIN, GB
foxbomb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby roid_popper » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:57 am

TaDa wrote:I could understand if the thread was down at the bottom of the page or something, but the exact same topic is the post right below yours.

viewtopic.php?t=382071

Look at the time of the first post. This one was up first. Don't you feel silly.

I have Westy and won by just 5 points. I was indeed freaking out when I saw the play, not knowing what my score was at this point and knowing that my Tom Brady sucked it up. Thankfully my Tom Brady slightly outperformed his Tony Romo, and Westbrook still had a good game.
Last edited by roid_popper on Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
roid_popper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby skita69 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:13 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I'm not laughing with u, i'm laughing at u!! ;-D I saw that play, and the person sitting right next to me was in that same situation... Westbrook scoring would have given him the playoff win, instead he lost!!!!! It was hilarious, we all thought it was over and after the first 1st down, the eagles were just gonna run out the clock... but he kept saying, "all westbrook needs to do is break this 1 play for a TD and i'll win",... and HE DID!!! The westbrook owner was jumping up and down going crazy, taunting the other guy who he thought he just beat that week, and while he was doing that, westbrook just turns around at the 1 yd line and falls down!!! That had to be ranked up there in one of the top 10 funniest moments of my life EVER!!!!!!!!!

the tv announcer (i think it was madden) even said, Fantasy owners everywhere must be pissed at westbrook... lol
skita69
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moonhead » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:30 pm

skita69 wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I'm not laughing with u, i'm laughing at u!! ;-D I saw that play, and the person sitting right next to me was in that same situation... Westbrook scoring would have given him the playoff win, instead he lost!!!!! It was hilarious, we all thought it was over and after the first 1st down, the eagles were just gonna run out the clock... but he kept saying, "all westbrook needs to do is break this 1 play for a TD and i'll win",... and HE DID!!! The westbrook owner was jumping up and down going crazy, taunting the other guy who he thought he just beat that week, and while he was doing that, westbrook just turns around at the 1 yd line and falls down!!! That had to be ranked up there in one of the top 10 funniest moments of my life EVER!!!!!!!!!

the tv announcer (i think it was madden) even said, Fantasy owners everywhere must be pissed at westbrook... lol

can i buy some crystal meth from you?

madden?

the game was on fox. it had to be joe buck and troy aikman. good guess though. :^
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting