Westbrook screws owners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Westbrook screws owners

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Westbrook screws owners

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:20 pm

skita69 wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I'm not laughing with u, i'm laughing at u!! ;-D I saw that play, and the person sitting right next to me was in that same situation... Westbrook scoring would have given him the playoff win, instead he lost!!!!! It was hilarious, we all thought it was over and after the first 1st down, the eagles were just gonna run out the clock... but he kept saying, "all westbrook needs to do is break this 1 play for a TD and i'll win",... and HE DID!!! The westbrook owner was jumping up and down going crazy, taunting the other guy who he thought he just beat that week, and while he was doing that, westbrook just turns around at the 1 yd line and falls down!!! That had to be ranked up there in one of the top 10 funniest moments of my life EVER!!!!!!!!!

That's great! I thought of all those poor saps jsut like your buddy when it happened. Freakin hilarious! :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby roninmedia » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:05 pm

I lose by 4. All I need to say.

It wouldn't be so bad if Brady didn't lay a goose egg on me yesterday too.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skita69 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:02 pm

moonhead wrote:
skita69 wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I'm not laughing with u, i'm laughing at u!! ;-D I saw that play, and the person sitting right next to me was in that same situation... Westbrook scoring would have given him the playoff win, instead he lost!!!!! It was hilarious, we all thought it was over and after the first 1st down, the eagles were just gonna run out the clock... but he kept saying, "all westbrook needs to do is break this 1 play for a TD and i'll win",... and HE DID!!! The westbrook owner was jumping up and down going crazy, taunting the other guy who he thought he just beat that week, and while he was doing that, westbrook just turns around at the 1 yd line and falls down!!! That had to be ranked up there in one of the top 10 funniest moments of my life EVER!!!!!!!!!

the tv announcer (i think it was madden) even said, Fantasy owners everywhere must be pissed at westbrook... lol

can i buy some crystal meth from you?

madden?

the game was on fox. it had to be joe buck and troy aikman. good guess though. :^

No crystal meth for u!! i'm cutting u off... doesnt sound like u need anymore anyway!! and i dont know about the announcers man, i dont care who it was!?! what the announcer said was the funny part!!
skita69
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Axl's Army » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:26 pm

I loved it & it's the only reason I have a chance at holding off my oponent.

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Lioish » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:39 pm

Final score:

Me: 103.60
Opponent: 104.45

I have Westbrook.

To top it off, my last player was B. Jacobs ... it's a ppr league ... he dropped 5 easy ones ... then I ran out of beer. It was a bad night all around.

-Lioish-
Lioish Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby RaudeR » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:03 am

I lost by 2 pts. I have Westbrook. Semifinals of my money league. Feels like ass.

Although, I could just as easily blame it on Kitna and his 5,000 interceptions. Braylon coming up virtually empty in a snowstorm, or me not realizing SF was playing on Saturday, and not putting in V.Davis as my W/T over Santonia(sic) Holmes as I had intended.

Oh, and I love how Adrian Peterson (Chi) needed just 2 more receptions to win my game, after an 8 reception first half, he gets ZERO in the 2nd half on 3 Bears possessions.. And further, the 1 possession they sub him out for Wolfe, Wolfe gets 2 looks for 10 yards.

Brutal.
RaudeR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jbcb8 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:47 am

feel sorry for you owners but i was in the same boat. i on the other hand won. i thought going into the week that i was gonna lose.

my opponents team my team
t. romo d. brees
m. lynch b. westbrook
r. grant p. burress
l. tomlinson h. ward
m. colston j. galloway
a. gates d. bowe
s. gostkowski m. crosby
denver baltimore

final score 71 - 133

thanks jessica simpson!!!

12 team PPR league standard 6 pt td (rush and receive) 4 pt td passing

QB- Brees, Cutler
RB- Westbrook, R. Brown, D. Williams j. chatman
WR- Burress, Ward, Galloway, Cotchery, Bowe, Crayton, James Jones
K- Stover, Crosby
DEF- BAL, STL
jbcb8
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby djxskillz » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:08 am

wouldve lost anyways--but at the time i was pissed. However, I commend his remarkably smart play.
djxskillz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yggdrasil » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:35 am

Oh screw that whole "team player," "self-less" bullsh!t for Westbrook. If Philly had any balls, they could score the touchdown making it a 2 score game and let their defense handle things. I can't believe Westbrook did that--it was total BS. It's like playing not to lose.

My FF team is:

Romo
Westbrook
Graham
Ward
Jennings
Gonzalez (Indy WR)
Clark
Folk/Graham
Indy/NYG Def

I needed all the points from all of my studs. Romo screwed me as did Indy's Dallas Clark. I'm in first in my league but I was only ahead a little more than 100 points with 2 weeks to go. Now, the lead has been shortened because of Westbrook's shenanigans and Romo's meltdown.
Yggdrasil
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:39 am

Yggdrasil wrote:Oh screw that whole "team player," "self-less" bullsh!t for Westbrook. If Philly had any balls, they could score the touchdown making it a 2 score game and let their defense handle things. I can't believe Westbrook did that--it was total BS. It's like playing not to lose.

My FF team is:

Romo
Westbrook
Graham
Ward
Jennings
Gonzalez (Indy WR)
Clark
Folk/Graham
Indy/NYG Def

I needed all the points from all of my studs. Romo screwed me as did Indy's Dallas Clark. I'm in first in my league but I was only ahead a little more than 100 points with 2 weeks to go. Now, the lead has been shortened because of Westbrook's shenanigans and Romo's meltdown.

Um I got "screwed on this" too (Or I could have played stecker instead of portis.

I can't believe people still debate it. Its playing to win. you have virtually 100 percent chance of winning with that, versus the improbable, but still possible comeback win. I think you are dead wrong. You aren't used to seeing this--much in the same way you weren't used to someone like Bellicheck purposely taking a safety.

The team's goal is to win, and people forget that basically there are three relevant factors, scores, yards, time. Sometimes scoring is NOT to your advantage in sports, and especially football (see, neutral zone trap--hockey, four corners--basketball--edited for clarity). Sometimes, possesion is a more important advantage than a score.
I can remember several last second come backs involving bombs and onside kicks. Can't remember any fumbles from what is called the "victory formation" after all, let alone losses with a team having a first down under two minutes and another team out of time outs.

It simply made more sense in this instance, and its not really debatable. It's uncommon in the same way the "punting when you have a losing record and are behind on the scoreboard, and you are in enemy territory. People are afraid to challenge the norm. There is definitely group think going on in the NFL.

Everyone loves to compare the game to that of "chess." Well sometimes in Chess you need to sacrifice your queen in order to win. Sometimes in football, you sacrifice the score for the certainty of a "W." Remember the Baltimore'/jets game where Jamal Lewis scored, and the jets scored and almost got the ball back? Or maybe you remember the Denver/GB Super Bowl?

Or maybe the inverse of the first Eagles Saints game last year, where the eagles were clearly trying to let the saints score to get the ball back, and peyton didn't oblige, and just took knees and kicked the field goal, wasting the time? Or the Redskins letting Westbrook score on purpose the second meeting this year?

Point being is sometimes you have to sacrifice points for a tangible asset in time; and this works either way. It's simply playing smart. Playing with bluster to "let the defense handle it's business" is stupid strategically, as it LESSENS your chances of winning (don't argue, as a team can't score if it doesn't hold the ball, unless it's safety, which wouldn't be yielded here), and it also makes your defense take the field, which increases the chances of injury.
Last edited by eaglesrule on Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting