How many Westbrook owners freaked out? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

How many Westbrook owners freaked out?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: How many Westbrook owners freaked out?

Postby SacKings384 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:10 am

I was really annoyed at first, because I was up but the guy I was going against had Plaxico and I had Cooley left. However, it was a selfless play, and the smart play. It made it a guaranteed win, and made sure than nobody else would get injured in further plays. I don't think any Westbrook owner can complain, he gets a solid 15 every game, with the occasional big game. Best fantasy RB in football imo.
SacKings384
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pangbones » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:42 am

When he broke through the line, I put my hand up and said "YES"!!! When he slowed down, and started looking around, I knew what he was doing, I was yelling NOOOOOOOOOO!! I lost by 7 points, and TD's count 7 in that league!! I didn't have the tiebreaker though, so it wouldn't have mattered either way. I also had A Johnson, who I'm told got knocked out at the 1 yard line on Thursday!! :-t 2 yards, 2 TD's = a chance for a title for me!! Now I'm stuck playing for 3rd. :~(
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benb18a » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:48 am

metallicat63 wrote:
The first thing I thought of when he dropped at the goal line was "Oh man..there are gonna be some pi**ed off owners tonight!@"

Lol, I was listening on the radio, unfortunately, and the first thing I thought of when hearing this was anticipating seeing the lamentation in the "Westbrook screwed my semifinal team" thread in GCC&V :-b :-D

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby MeteoriteGuy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:45 am

MeteoriteGuy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Bryn Mawr Evil » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:46 am

I'm an Eagles fan and a Westbrook owner. I was playing in the divisional playoffs this week with the winner advancing to the Super Bowl. In a situation where I was down and trying to come from behind I freaked out when I saw it, but of course I couldn't be too angry because it was a really selfless and football savvy decision on his part.

I managed to win the week anyways, thanks to Brandon Jacobs' performance. My team will advance to the Super Bowl of my league, but I imagine there are hundreds (if not thousands) of fantasy owners who lost BECAUSE of that play. 8-o
Bryn Mawr Evil
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby metallicat63 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:55 am

MeteoriteGuy wrote:Image

That pic is priceless! That is what I have been saying about Steve Smith all damn year..He hate me too :-D

Just so you know I didn't start this thread because Westy screwed me because he didn't. I didn't have him.I just wanted to know what fantasy reaction you guys would have.
Him doing the smart thing isn't really up for debate being knowledgeable fans we all know it was brilliant ;-D
ImageLyrics:
"Back To The Front!"

**Special thanks to deluxe_247** for such a cool sig!
metallicat63
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Bwanna » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:02 am

I don't own Westy (actually, I traded him for SJax before season started :-t), but I simply couldn't believe that the guy actually did that. Very, VERY selfless. I doubt that I'll ever see that again.

I used to play Madden quite a bit online, and guys would do this occasionally and get called out for it big time for not playing 'sim'.

Hats off to Westbrook for a very, very smart/classy play.
Bwanna
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:40 pm

I was in 3rd playing 2nd place team, and those points would have been enough to send me to the championship game. But, my lineup could have been set differently to give me a win so it's my fault too. And Westy was a large part of how I made the playoffs to begin with.

There's a few 'me first' guys out there that would have taken that in the for celebration and stats. Even tho it makes me cringe a bit from a fantasy standpoint it was still nice to see the heads-up play.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Freddie Footballer » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:57 pm

If Westbrook had scored, I would have made it to my finals :(

Here's a video for those who haven't seen it yet:

http://fantasysportsmatrix.com/videos/b ... nst-dallas

Oh well, such is fantasy.
Fantasy owners unite!

Check out my profile at:

http://www.fantasysportsmatrix.com/user ... footballer
Freddie Footballer
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:03 pm

same with me, or if I had played Big Ben or Stecker instead of Brees and Portis. I think there can't be too many people who were "screwed" by that to the degree that making the correct lineup calls in other instances wouldn't have overcome that.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting