Why? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Why?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why?

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:00 pm

Why must we always be the ones who's moves don't work out?
Why can't we just once make a right move?
Why does it seem like we never have a good game plan?
Why do we pick hands of stone Calvin Johnson, who offered this team next to nothing, instead of a building block like Joe Thomas?
Why do we pick always injured Drew Stanton and then nobodies like Francis instead of an Eric Wright?
Why do we come out unprepared for anything remotely viewed as a big game with murderous regularity?
Why do find ways to lose when we do play over our heads?
Why does every head coach we hire end up sounding like an idiot.
Why does anybody believe in the crap coming out of Marinelli's mouth?
Why do we think losers like Big Blubber won't quit on this coach like they have on others?
Why do we think we can pay someone big bucks and think that will make them good players?
Why does anybody in this town still follow this team when we see yet another expansion team go to the playoffs before our Millen led sewage does? BTW Congratz to the Brownies!
Why do I still care enough to ask why?
I wouldn't let people I love poop on me as much as this franchise does, so I ask you: Why?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Why?

Postby scrumtalecent » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:57 am

Well, speaking for myself, I got addicted 'cause of Barry. I wasn't a fan till 1990, so maybe that's why I watched today's game with disinterest. Maybe that's why I chuckled when Whitten hauled in that pass from Romo last week. Maybe I haven't been a fan long enough to really care as much as you do, but what's the alternative? We like watching good football games, so what are we going to do? Change our favorite team and jump on another bandwagon? I enjoy seeing old man Favre do well, and I'm glad Cleveland is in the mix and I wouldn't mind seeing someone knock off the Patriots, but I can't see myself being a big fan of their teams all of a sudden. It just doesn't feel right.

It's funnest if we have a team to root for. Unfortunately, the team we're stuck with is the Lions...the worst organization in sports. I'm not going to quit watching football, so I'm probably not going to quit watching the Lions, but I'm still not going to expect anything from them either. Right now, I'm just hoping that new coach for Michigan turns out ok and my fantasy football team gets back on track next year. I really couldn't care less what the Lions next move is. It's not going to work.
Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dream_017 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:37 am

moochman wrote:so I ask you: Why?

Why? WHY!? Because we can :~(
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:23 pm

You forgot one: Why cant Marinelli walk??

Just jump ship Mooch, cheer for Dallas or something.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:11 am

Well, it looks like the majority of you guys will be spared the torture of watching this debacle of a team. This looks like it will be the 1st non-sellout at Ford Field. For most of this year it was actually fun for me to go down to the games again, if you remember my posts last season it was chore to actually go. All the way up until the 7th home game we had fun...then Hanson missed the field goal and my friend turned to me and said, We've seen this before...then Dallas marches down the field and scores...hearts ripped out again...and so now I am asking myself....

why am I even going to the game this weekend :-?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:34 am

Dream you are going to go because you can! And you will have a good time. I actually think the Chiefs will suck more than the Lions will.

I am happy for you that the Lions won as much as they did early. Ford's Morgue was a kickin' place for awhile. Not likely to hear that much noise coming out of there for a long time.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:31 pm

dream_017 wrote:why am I even going to the game this weekend :-?

nothing better to do?
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:59 am

bigken117 wrote:
dream_017 wrote:why am I even going to the game this weekend :-?

nothing better to do?

Actually, I have 2 Christmas parties on Sunday. I will be missing 1 and going to the other after the game %-6 Then when they lose to KC, I'll have to hear about going to the game(to see a bunch of losers) from family and friends the whole night !+) :-t
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby LT Blue Colt » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:52 pm

I love this team, because I love all my Michigan teams. And someday . . . . . yes, someday (I'm on my knees praying) people are going to hate the Lions. You know what kinda hate I mean? The kinda hate people have for the Patriots now. You know. The Lions are going to be working on their 5th Super Bowl win in a row, and everybody is going to hate them. But, not me! No, not me! I'll be able to say, "Hey, I've been here all along, baby!" . . . . . yeah . . . . . that's right. I can type in my sleep . . . . . cause I'm obviously dreamin'. But, seriously wouldn't that be F-in' awesome. ;-D
Metroid wrote: I eat Old Spice. :-B

I'm a Lions fan. I'm chuck full of freakin' hope.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:09 am

LT Blue Colt wrote:I love this team, because I love all my Michigan teams. And someday . . . . . yes, someday (I'm on my knees praying) people are going to hate the Lions. You know what kinda hate I mean? The kinda hate people have for the Patriots now. You know. The Lions are going to be working on their 5th Super Bowl win in a row, and everybody is going to hate them. But, not me! No, not me! I'll be able to say, "Hey, I've been here all along, baby!" . . . . . yeah . . . . . that's right. I can type in my sleep . . . . . cause I'm obviously dreamin'. But, seriously wouldn't that be F-in' awesome. ;-D

This is the core of fandom: the unspoken hope that someday it will be your turn.
Sadly we see every year fans from other teams dreams come alive as their teams return for the dregs to a playoff season and the possiblity of a Superbowl. This year's contestants are the Cleveland Browns, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Green Bay Packers, Tennessee Titans, and even the Washington Redskins or Vikings. All teams that were either suffering through bad seasons or well exceeded expectations. All things that just don't seem to ever happen in the Motor D.

But hope springs eternal, even with a pathetic franchise like Detroit. We will soon be hearing how the Lions made great strides this season and had such a good draft. And, for many of us, there will be a time where we will believe. Because we all feel the same as you do, LT Blue Colt. We all long for our day in the sun. We all have hope.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Detroit Lions