Does your wife/girlfriend show interest in your fantasy team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Does your wife/girlfriend show interest in your fantasy team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Does your wife/girlfriend show interest in your fantasy team

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:01 am

Mine is ok with it. She expects me to win most the time though. No pressure. :-b
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:20 am

my wife... meh

raff's wife is in the championship game of our money league. she won it last year... she is ridonk... ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:47 am

To answer the second part of your question - no, it's not important to me that my wife shows an interest in my hobby any more than she does now, which is polite listening when I tell her about it. It's my hobby, not hers, and I don't think she has any obligation to show interest.

Thinking about that in reverse, there is NO WAY I want to show any real interest in her scrapbooking hobby, or her little cottage industry of selling off my daughter's old clothes/toys/stuff. I have an idea what she's doing and when, and that's enough. Her stuff is hers, my stuff is mine.

I think it's healthy to have a bit of separation like that. I can't reasonably expect her to take a real interest in something that she plainly isn't interested in, and I think it's good for both of us to have "our thing," so we can have that space. We have plenty of things we do together as it is. We don't need to do everything together.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:56 am

Never had a girlfriend that knew how to do anything but type on a computer, much less play Fantasy Football. However, I do work with 3 women who play and who all somehow drafted far superior teams compared to mine.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:19 pm

Shannon shows some interest and asks how my teams are doing on occasion but I think thats just to be nice and try to relate to something she knows I like...she really could care less. And I really could care less if she is interested or not. And more than that I kinda like it that she isn't interested. knapp touched on it some and hit the nail right on the head, I like having something thats just for me, and that gos for real life football and other sports as well. Of course I like to take her to see an occasional game and enjoy when she sits down and watches one with me(super rare)but I like that thats my "thing" and she has her things. ;-D

The separation in our lives is what keeps us from killing each other....or really her from killing me. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:29 pm

Metroid wrote:Shannon shows some interest and asks how my teams are doing on occasion but I think thats just to be nice and try to relate to something she knows I like...she really could care less. And I really could care less if she is interested or not. And more than that I kinda like it that she isn't interested. knapp touched on it some and hit the nail right on the head, I like having something thats just for me, and that gos for real life football and other sports as well. Of course I like to take her to see an occasional game and enjoy when she sits down and watches one with me(super rare)but I like that thats my "thing" and she has her things. ;-D

The separation in our lives is what keeps us from killing each other....or really her from killing me. :-b

sounds exactly like my wife and I.... weird... 8-o
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby josebach » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:24 pm

treat24 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Shannon shows some interest and asks how my teams are doing on occasion but I think thats just to be nice and try to relate to something she knows I like...she really could care less. And I really could care less if she is interested or not. And more than that I kinda like it that she isn't interested. knapp touched on it some and hit the nail right on the head, I like having something thats just for me, and that gos for real life football and other sports as well. Of course I like to take her to see an occasional game and enjoy when she sits down and watches one with me(super rare)but I like that thats my "thing" and she has her things. ;-D

sounds exactly like my wife and I.... weird... 8-o

Me too. I've got my fantasy sports, movies and pc games and she's got studying for her masters, dinner to make, housework, lawn work, my laundry, my shoes to polish, my back to rub and attending to my every sexual urge or whim. We make a great team!!! ;-D

To be honest, we split all the housework down the middle and I actually do most of the cooking because she really is working on her thesis. I guess it's nice we have separate hobbies, but I really enjoy her company and we get along pretty good no matter what we're doing (with the exception of clothes shopping :-P ). I actually tried to get her to play some World of Warcraft with me and she just doesn't seem to be interested. I wouldn't mind it if she was, though. I'm pretty lucky.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby stomperrob » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:48 pm

My ex hated football and got p.o.'ed at me watching it on TV and thought fantasy sports were a waste of time - thank gawd I got rid of her 2 years ago!!!
;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:04 pm

dream_017 wrote:She only cares if I bring home money from winning

tru dat
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:36 pm

At the time I was with my ex-girlfriend, I didn't play fantasy sports and it was really a year before we broke up, I got into it. By then, it was a long-distance relationship and I was taking fantasy sports up as a new hobby. She's an avid sports fan herself and she understood the gist of it even though I kept all of my fantasy team escapades to myself except for the rare occasion she asked.

Do I wish my significant other was more interested in what I was interested? Well...let me answer this as someone who has been with a girl that can be considered a guy's gal. Seemed like we were interested in the same things and oddly enough, we had similar tastes in things. She is into heavy metal music, video games, sports cars, street racing, soccer, basketball, microbrew beers, and extreme sports. I'm a James Bond movie junkie and so is she. We both think Sean Connery was the best Bond ever, we both think From Russia With Love was the best Bond film ever. I'm serious about programming and web design and she is as equally serious and proficient.

I find that from my experience, it's good, if not, great, to have a significant other that's into the same things as you are, but I think it has to be natural and it can't be where she's interested in the same things as you for you and your relationship's sake. My ex and I rarely ran out of things to talk about and I'm sure if each of us was a bit different, we wouldn't have taken a good friendship into something more wonderful. But again, there has to be a good balance there. She can like all the things I like, but yet be perfectly feminine and enjoy some activities that I otherwise wouldn't care to like and this was a quality I really liked most about her. Hard to find another girl like that, I know, but I'm lucky knowing I've been with the "perfect girl" or something close to it.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk