The Giants will NEVER win it all with Eli - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Giants will NEVER win it all with Eli

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Giants will NEVER win it all with Eli

Postby FantasyMan13 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:22 am

Does anyone honestly believe that this guy will ever be able to lead a team to the Super Bowl? I might be wrong, but from watching pretty many Giants games (seems like they are always on SNF/MNF), he appears to be not of NFL quality. I have nothing against him at all, I just really don't see him ever winning the big one. Thoughts?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The Giants will NEVER win it all with Eli

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:24 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:Thoughts?

Metroid wrote:Eli Manning is adopted.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:25 am

he's not winning a ring. he is way too inconsistent. he would have to play "good eli" ALL the time.....and he seems to have no leadership qualities either.

i take that back...he's not winning a ring with the giants. if he ends up on a team with a monster defense that can take his "bad" play, he has a good shot. imo he's a better version of rex grossman.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:52 am

Eli could get a ring. Not saying he will, but he could. And he's definitely of NFL quality. Also, the "inconsistent" thing is wildly overstated.
He's had 2 really good games and 3 really bad ones. Two of those bad ones were Miami (in England in the rain) and last night (howling wind + drops). Also, he hasn't had a consistent RB all year, and now he has a RB who isn't much of a threat coming out of the backfield. However, he has some playmaker receivers so that cancels out. He's an average starter in this league, maybe a little better.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eagle0588 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:03 am

he is not going to lead any team to a superbowl let alone past the first round of playoffs. This guy sucks and he's a bust. For a guy who gets drafted #1 overall and with his 4th year in the league i believe, he puts up very average numbers. He's not a good leader and gets flustered easily.
eagle0588
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby AllDay » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:04 am

I remember reading this about Peyton a few years ago.

Never say never. There are some pretty average QB's who have led teams to SB victories.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby busby » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:36 am

eagle0588 wrote: For a guy who gets drafted #1 overall and with his 4th year in the league i believe, he puts up very average numbers.

Considering as many 1st overall quarterback busts as there have been, and that quarterback is the most difficult position to fill, I would say the Giants have done reasonably well with Eli as their starter. He's not having a great season, but let's not put it all on him.
Cafe leagues
Any Given Dynasty (4th year) 2-2
Kind of a Big Deal (3rd year) 2-2
4th and Goal Dynasty (2nd year) 2-2
busby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:25 am

well not having won a playoff game yet is a big problem in my eyes. Yea, it takes a while to step into those shoes, but its not unheard of at this point to have expected some progress on that front.

Yea, its the hardest position to fill, but I think you would have to prefer Roethlisberger and probably Rivers at this point. His name is keeping him afloat.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ivesaidway2much » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:49 am

Yeah... Eli is clearly not an NFL calibre quarterback.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:44 am

I don't think all the blame goes on him. He is very inconsistent though. Thats the reason why the Giants won't win anything with him. He deserves to be in the NFL heck he is a top 10 qb nearly every year even if it seems like he sucks. I could see people saying he doesn't belong if he was the 30th ranked qb in the league but give the guy some credit.

The Giants woes go much further than Manning alone.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Next

Return to Football Talk