another Spears baby - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

another Spears baby

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: another Spears baby

Postby josebach » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:04 am

knapplc wrote:What about Lance Spears? Lance would be a great name if the kid grows up to be on Soap Operas or does p0rn.

"Lance" is a horrible name. I don't know who in their right mind would name their kid "Lance". %-6 :-P :-t ;-7

:-B
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:12 am

Lance is a horrible name. Especially if your last name is also one syllable, and you have the same nasally-sounding vowel sound in each name.

Lance Knapp. What a blah name.

When I was born I was Lance Welchel. I was the son of a Lance Corporal in the Marine Corps, who vowed that his first son would be named Lance. I was his first and only, so I got the prize. Then bad things happened and he left the picture, and my dad (Mr. Knapp) came into the story and adopted my sister and I, and I became the person I am today.

But then I was left with Lance frikkin’ Knapp as a name, and it’s been underwhelming ever since.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:37 am

knapplc wrote:Lance is a horrible name. Especially if your last name is also one syllable, and you have the same nasally-sounding vowel sound in each name.

When I was born I was Lance Welchel. I was the son of a Lance Corporal in the Marine Corps, who vowed that his first son would be named Lance. I was his first and only, so I got the prize. Then bad things happened and he left the picture, and my dad (Mr. Knapp) came into the story and adopted my sister and I, and I became the person I am today.

But then I was left with Lance frikkin’ Knapp as a name, and it’s been underwhelming ever since.

I think Lance is a fine name. Kind of like Lancelot. I actually like "Knapp" better than "Welchel", but I don't think either would be a bad name.

My middle name is "Leas" prounounced "lease" which is an old family name. I used to hate it, but now it doesn't bother me. I guess we should both just be glad our name isn't "Iman S. Hole". :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby dream_017 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:59 am

knapplc wrote:Lance is a horrible name. Especially if your last name is also one syllable, and you have the same nasally-sounding vowel sound in each name.

Welchellc would just look funny :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:08 pm

knapplc wrote:Broccoli = florets
Asparagus = spears

I think they're called florets when it's just the tops of the broccoli. When there's a couple inches of the stem/stalk/whatever you want to call it attached, they are spears. so you're both right :-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:12 pm

The best part about this whole thing was that their mom was writing a book about parenting. That publisher should have been flogged for considering that before this even happened. Of course, now it will sell more copies due to the publicity. :-P
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:24 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:The best part about this whole thing was that their mom was writing a book about parenting. That publisher should have been flogged for considering that before this even happened. Of course, now it will sell more copies due to the publicity. :-P

like i said on page one about it... the publisher stopped it. They may come back to it. But as of now the book is on hold. :-D I agree though... can't believ she got a book deal for that.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:42 pm

treat24 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:The best part about this whole thing was that their mom was writing a book about parenting. That publisher should have been flogged for considering that before this even happened. Of course, now it will sell more copies due to the publicity. :-P

like i said on page one about it... the publisher stopped it. They may come back to it. But as of now the book is on hold. :-D I agree though... can't believ she got a book deal for that.

Yeah, I knew they put it on hold. You know some struggling publisher will pick it up though.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:10 pm

I have a similar story Knapp. My bio-dad left when I was 2 and my brother was 1. I was adopted when I was 7 when my mom remarried.

I've known three Lances in my life and they've all been large men. One I went to school with was easily 230 and well over 6 feet. My current buddy, though I haven't hung out with him in probably over a year, is pushing 400. Note to prospective parents; if you want a big kid, name him Lance. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:53 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

I have a similar story Knapp. My bio-dad left when I was 2 and my brother was 1. I was adopted when I was 7 when my mom remarried.

I've known three Lances in my life and they've all been large men. One I went to school with was easily 230 and well over 6 feet. My current buddy, though I haven't hung out with him in probably over a year, is pushing 400. Note to prospective parents; if you want a big kid, name him Lance. :-D

Only two Lance's I knew of before Knapp was Lance Armstrong and a guy I went to school with who was like 180, 5'10" :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk