another Spears baby - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

another Spears baby

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: another Spears baby

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:18 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
knapplc wrote:Lance is a horrible name. Especially if your last name is also one syllable, and you have the same nasally-sounding vowel sound in each name.

Lance Knapp. What a blah name.

When I was born I was Lance Welchel. I was the son of a Lance Corporal in the Marine Corps, who vowed that his first son would be named Lance. I was his first and only, so I got the prize. Then bad things happened and he left the picture, and my dad (Mr. Knapp) came into the story and adopted my sister and I, and I became the person I am today.

But then I was left with Lance frikkin’ Knapp as a name, and it’s been underwhelming ever since.

I have a similar story Knapp. My bio-dad left when I was 2 and my brother was 1. I was adopted when I was 7 when my mom remarried.

I've known three Lances in my life and they've all been large men. One I went to school with was easily 230 and well over 6 feet. My current buddy, though I haven't hung out with him in probably over a year, is pushing 400. Note to prospective parents; if you want a big kid, name him Lance. :-D

Only two Lance's I knew of before Knapp was Lance Armstrong and a guy I went to school with who was like 180, 5'10" :-b

It may not be as scientific an assessment as there has been, but I'm confident that if I have another kid I'm naming him Lance because my kid and I were both small. I want a kid that can beat up my buddies once in a while for me.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: another Spears baby

Postby treat24 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:21 am

are you calling all Lances fat bullies? :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Previous

Return to General Talk