Doctor in Hot Water over Hot Rod - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Doctor in Hot Water over Hot Rod

Moderator: Football Moderators

Doctor in Hot Water over Hot Rod

Postby knapplc » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:21 pm

This doctor is in big trouble. What a goof...

PHOENIX - A surgeon faces a disciplinary hearing for snapping a photo of a patient's tattooed genitals during an operation and showing it around to other doctors.

Mayo Clinic Hospital administrators said Dr. Adam Hansen, chief resident of general surgery, admitted taking the photo with his cell phone on Dec. 11. The tattoo on strip club owner Sean Dubowik's penis reads: "Hot Rod." :-b 8-o X-I

Dubowik, who had undergone a gallbladder operation, said he learned of the photo Monday when the Mayo Clinic called.

"I got a strange call after my surgery from a doctor who said there was a problem. He said Hansen was on the phone and would explain," he said.

Dubowik, 27, said Hansen told him he took the picture while inserting a catheter into his penis. A member of the surgical staff made an anonymous call about the photo to The Arizona Republic on Monday.

"He told me he didn't want me to read about it in the newspaper first," Dubowik said.

Hansen wasn't available for comment Tuesday and has been placed on administrative leave. He could face a range of punishment from probation to dismissal.

"Patient privacy is a serious matter, and photographing someone in this manner without a good reason is something we will investigate down to the last detail," said Dr. Joseph Sirven, education director for Mayo Clinic Arizona, the hospital's parent organization based in Scottsdale.

Dubowik said he got the tattoo on a bet and that "it was the most horrible thing I ever went though in my life."

He said he planned to contact an attorney.

"The longer I sit here the angrier I get," he said.

How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Doctor in Hot Water over Hot Rod

Postby moonhead » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:23 pm

that's what mine says when it's flaccid.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:43 pm

moonhead wrote:that's what mine says when it's flaccid.

Don't you mean it says "Hood" and then when you 'expand' you can sorta make out a tiny 't' and 'r.' ? ;-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby moonhead » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:48 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
moonhead wrote:that's what mine says when it's flaccid.

Don't you mean it says "Hood" and then when you 'expand' you can sorta make out a tiny 't' and 'r.' ? ;-)

hello
olivia
touch
richard
or
die
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Tiki » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:08 pm

Who the hell is Olivia?

I don't think I could handle getting a tattoo on my gear. Nor would I want one, unless it was a hundred dollar bill. :-b
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:49 pm

"Dubowik, 27, said Hansen told him he took the picture while inserting a catheter into his penis. "

I've never been catheterized... intubated yes, catheter no. I'm pretty sure I'd want to be under anesthesia if it were to happen; but reading stuff like this doesn't help. That's a career-ender for the doctor.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:44 pm

What an idiot. That doctor is screwed. Just so he could show his friends? Stupid.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:59 pm

actually, this reminds me of something that happened about ten years ago, on a BB not unlike this one (i say that only because star wars usurped 'long time ago, galaxy far away' etc.).

It was a tech board of which I was an active member, another active person there was a gynecologist (note to mods and admins: i"ll keep it clean, that nervous feeling you're getting is unnecessary). You know how they use all the instruments with cameras on them, just like they use to do a Greek-style exam on men. Well, the fellow posted totally non-ID'd pics from far inside someone's body, in a 'wonders of the human body' type of context, he was merely trying to post something interesting.

He made the mistake, tho, of referring a coworker to the site as a cool place to hang out, the coworker saw the images and reported him. He didn't lose his job since they were anonymous, but let's just say his career took a sharp turn.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:31 pm

Note to doctors dealing with genitals. Don't take pictures.

WOW, does that actually have to be said now?!?!?!?!? :-P
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk