The Dark Knight - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Dark Knight

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Dark Knight

Postby logan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:11 pm

rumor has it they have offered the role of the riddler to johnny depp and they want phillip seymore hoffman to do the penquin.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Johnny_De ... er/5283266

two fantastic choices if you ask me.course the shooting may be hard to work around since i heard depp is supposed to be doing the mad hater in tim burtons alice in wonderland so if that turns out to be true it may be a conflict of schedules depending on when they both shoot.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:16 pm

logan wrote:rumor has it they have offered the role of the riddler to johnny depp and they want phillip seymore hoffman to do the penquin.

two fantastic choices if you ask me.course the shooting may be hard to work around since i heard depp is supposed to be doing the mad hater in tim burtons alice in wonderland so if that turns out to be true it may be a conflict of schedules depending on when they both shoot.

I think Johnny Depp just loves to wear make up...I mean look at his film resume...

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:49 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:
logan wrote:rumor has it they have offered the role of the riddler to johnny depp and they want phillip seymore hoffman to do the penquin.

I think Johnny Depp just loves to wear make up...I mean look at his film resume...

All actors wear make up. ;-)

Johnny Deep and Phillip Seymore Hoffman are two of the finest actors of our time. I think Deep would be awesome as the Riddler, pretty much every thing he does is gold. I'm sure Hoffman would play his part well to but I'm not sure how the Penguin character would work, seems a little too campy for these style of films. :-?

I wonder if Vicky Vale will be introduced, I imagine she would since the love interest was killed off in the last film. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby logan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:54 am

yeah i definitely think they would have to really rework the penguin to work in this style of movie but i think if nolan were to write it well enough hoffman could easily pull it off.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:57 am

Metroid wrote:

Johnny Deep and Phillip Seymore Hoffman are two of the finest actors of our time. I think Deep would be awesome as the Riddler, pretty much every thing he does is gold. I'm sure Hoffman would play his part well to but I'm not sure how the Penguin character would work, seems a little too campy for these style of films. :-?

I wonder if Vicky Vale will be introduced, I imagine she would since the love interest was killed off in the last film. :-?

When I meant makeup maybe I shoulda said eyeliner :-D

If they do bring back Vicky Vale do you think they'll reuse the "I'm Batman!"? It would sound even better with the new deep-voice :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:27 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:
Metroid wrote:

When I meant makeup maybe I shoulda said eyeliner :-D

If they do bring back Vicky Vale do you think they'll reuse the "I'm Batman!"? It would sound even better with the new deep-voice
:-b

I doubt it. Nolan has done a pretty good job staying away from the cheesy catch phrases that were popular in the first Batman films.
Metroid

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:17 am

Metroid wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:

Agreed. Great actors. Deep needs a movie to get away from his comedic crap of late. Maybe he will apply a new spin on the Riddler role ala Ledger's Joker. He's talented and dark enough to pull it off. Hoffman as the Penguin, hmm. He is a great actor, but I would rather have had Paul Giamatti.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby treat24 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:21 am

moochman wrote:Hoffman as the Penguin, hmm. He is a great actor, but I would rather have had Paul Giamatti.

I'd rather not have the penguin in Nolan's versions. I think he could do it... but his movies are more realistic. If I can put it that way, but I think you all understand. I like real characters with issues as opposed to mutants like penguin/freeze, etc...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Metroid » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:36 am

treat24 wrote:
moochman wrote:Hoffman as the Penguin, hmm. He is a great actor, but I would rather have had Paul Giamatti.

I'd rather not have the penguin in Nolan's versions. I think he could do it... but his movies are more realistic. If I can put it that way, but I think you all understand. I like real characters with issues as opposed to mutants like penguin/freeze, etc...

Yeah like I said the Penguin might be a little too campy. I think Catwoman could work...also there is a character called Firefly that could be molded into Nolan's vision, he's basically a pyromaniac. :-?
Metroid

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:57 am

Metroid wrote:
treat24 wrote:

Yeah like I said the Penguin might be a little too campy. I think Catwoman could work...also there is a character called Firefly that could be molded into Nolan's vision, he's basically a pyromaniac. :-?

I guess I don't see the Penguin being tied to some freak with fins for hands or anything silly like that. I think with Giamatti's brooding look he could present a dark emotionally troubled Penguin that is unconstrained by previous Batman movies. I really think Nolan could do wonderful thing here.

No truth to the rumored role of Mr. Freeze being played by Derek Zoolander. He will freeze people with a Magnum stare :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk