how you roll? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

how you roll?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: how you roll?

Postby Redskins Win » Sat May 10, 2008 4:21 pm

I'm sorta fat so I roll down hill pretty good ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Sat May 10, 2008 4:33 pm

mine is blue and has different handlebars :-)

I've posted my car in here before... but my wife and I bought bikes and have biked a combined 50+ miles in 9 days of owning them. Help the environment, save gas money, get exercise... all in one... it's a smooth ride. I bought a cushy seat and a bag for it. Good stuff. Run all my errands on it now. (grocery store is only 2 1/2 miles away) However, going to the liquor store makes me feel slightly like a dude with a DUI or something. Oh well...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby josebach » Sat May 10, 2008 4:36 pm

Redskins Win wrote:I'm sorta fat so I roll down hill pretty good ;-D

Uh, hello? Where the heck have you been. This is your first post in 7 months and you just casually start posting as if it was yesterday? What's the dealio? :-?

Good to have you back. ;-D
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Redskins Win » Sat May 10, 2008 4:50 pm

josebach wrote:

Uh, hello? Where the heck have you been. This is your first post in 7 months and you just casually start posting as if it was yesterday? What's the dealio? :-?

yeah . . . that's right :-b

yeah i've had an unusual year, i don't know that i'm fully back but it's cool to come back and see everyone still posting ;-D

and if i remember correctly you pulled a disappearing act once and came back right around the same time i kind of chilled out.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Sat May 10, 2008 5:00 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
josebach wrote:

yeah . . . that's right :-b

yeah i've had an unusual year, i don't know that i'm fully back but it's cool to come back and see everyone still posting ;-D

and if i remember correctly you pulled a disappearing act once and came back right around the same time i kind of chilled out.

Yeah, knapp and I have long since kissed and made up. I came to realize that the rift was mostly my fault, so I apologized. I still stick to my convictions, but I try to be a little more diplomatic about things. Sometimes I'm successful, other times I'm not. :-b

Hope you stick around, the cafe missed you. It's slow on the weekends, but come Monday I'm sure you'll be bombarded with people asking about you.

BTW, moonhead is now posting under "Mad Hatter". Although he would never admint it, I think he was trying to fool us (or start fresh) by switching handles. His lower case letters and lack of proper punctuation quickly gave him away, though. Although obviously intelligent, a criminal mastermind, he's not. :-B
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sat May 10, 2008 5:11 pm

treat24 wrote:mine is blue and has different handlebars :-)

I've posted my car in here before... but my wife and I bought bikes and have biked a combined 50+ miles in 9 days of owning them. Help the environment, save gas money, get exercise... all in one... it's a smooth ride. I bought a cushy seat and a bag for it. Good stuff. Run all my errands on it now. (grocery store is only 2 1/2 miles away) However, going to the liquor store makes me feel slightly like a dude with a DUI or something. Oh well...

Ride it too much and it hurts your junk. Seriously.

So you got a handlebar bag eh? Something like this perhaps? :-b
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Sat May 10, 2008 7:56 pm

josebach wrote:

Word....I've missed RW. :,-(
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Santacruzer » Sun May 11, 2008 10:00 am

I just picked her up in March. My 2005 G35.

Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby scottaa1 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:39 am

treat24 wrote:I've posted my car in here before... but my wife and I bought bikes and have biked a combined 50+ miles in 9 days of owning them. Help the environment, save gas money, get exercise... all in one... it's a smooth ride. I bought a cushy seat and a bag for it. Good stuff. Run all my errands on it now. (grocery store is only 2 1/2 miles away) However, going to the liquor store makes me feel slightly like a dude with a DUI or something. Oh well...

Get a travel computer for it. Hooks up to the front wheel and has an LCD display that attaches to the handle cross bar. They come in varying degrees of complexity. Mine tracks total miles ridden, miles for the current ride, current MPH, average MPH for current ride, highest MPH ever (37 mph on a mountain bike is flying), current ride time, total ride time, etc. It's nice for keeping an eye on how your exercise is going. I don't think they make any that can get Internet access though.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby josebach » Mon May 12, 2008 10:33 am

scottaa1 wrote:
treat24 wrote:I've posted my car in here before... but my wife and I bought bikes and have biked a combined 50+ miles in 9 days of owning them. Help the environment, save gas money, get exercise... all in one... it's a smooth ride. I bought a cushy seat and a bag for it. Good stuff. Run all my errands on it now. (grocery store is only 2 1/2 miles away) However, going to the liquor store makes me feel slightly like a dude with a DUI or something. Oh well...

Get a travel computer for it. Hooks up to the front wheel and has an LCD display that attaches to the handle cross bar. They come in varying degrees of complexity. Mine tracks total miles ridden, miles for the current ride, current MPH, average MPH for current ride, highest MPH ever (37 mph on a mountain bike is flying), current ride time, total ride time, etc. It's nice for keeping an eye on how your exercise is going. I don't think they make any that can get Internet access though.

I ride too. 37 mph is flying. The fastest I've ever gotten up to on my "Specialized" was like 27. The computer is pretty nice and they're inexpensive too. Mine was only $20. In addition to what you mentioned, some computers tell you how many calories you burn. It's a neat little gadget.

Don't know about his comfy seat though... :-? :-b If you wear proper shorts, you don't need it. Oh, and you don't have to buy the nut hugger shorts. You can get Mountain bike shorts that look like regular shorts except they have a built in shammy. That's what I wear normally. Of course if you run a lot of errands on your bike, you might want to stick with comfy seat and regular pedals. If you go off road a lot and ride primarily as a hobby, you'll almost certainly want to invest in some clipless pedals. Once you try them, you'll never go back.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk