how you roll? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

how you roll?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: how you roll?

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:13 pm

For the Mustang enthusiasts here, I saw one on the road a couple weeks ago (a late model one) that had something like "1100 HP" emblemed on the sides. It looked like factory decals, is there a stock 'stang out there that comes with that much beef to it??? I'm guessing it's more likely they took it to an afterl-market tuning place. Or maybe it was pure bunk.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:19 pm

scottaa1 wrote:For the Mustang enthusiasts here, I saw one on the road a couple weeks ago (a late model one) that had something like "1100 HP" emblemed on the sides. It looked like factory decals, is there a stock 'stang out there that comes with that much beef to it??? I'm guessing it's more likely they took it to an afterl-market tuning place. Or maybe it was pure bunk.

Ford made a Boss concept Mustang about 14-15 years ago, with a 10 liter V8 at about 900 HP. Supposedly, it could do the 0-60 in just under 2 seconds, but had relatively disappointing quarter-mile times.

I don't think there's an 1100 HP one unless someone installed a massive big-block powerplant with a huge hood scoop to boot. Mustangs, after all, are relatively reasonable to tune in terms of price relative to other performance cars.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:08 pm

I do a 100 mile (round trip) commute, so typically go pretty cheap on my driver. Just yesterday I bought a 2001 Bonneville. Comfortable, some get-up-and-go, and 30 mpg on the highway. ;-)

Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:59 pm

Yeah, so I got in a little fender bender in the SS Impala last week. Nothing major, some dude just dinged my passenger door and fender. Anyway, I have the rental coverage so I got a brand new white 3.5 liter Charger. Like brand new, it has 300 miles on it. I gotta say, I'm not impressed at all, I hope the Hemi's are nicer but this thing is a piece of crap. For one, the interior is pretty bland and the seats aren't very comfy. Because the stupid windows are set so low I have to lean down to see the stop lights when I'm at an intersection....just a goofy design. Oh and when you're at a stop light and you let off the brake and let it idle out a little it "pulses" when it moves forward...I don't really know how to describe it. It kinda feels like how anti-lock brakes work, you know the pulsing" Also, you really have to put some force into closing the doors, their own weight wont close them...weird. Lastly, and this is hilarious, the check engine light came on today. Haha! What's up with that? This car doesn't even have 500 miles on it? Man I can't wait to get my car back in a few days. :-°

One thing I do like is when I'm on the freeway cruising in the fast lane, people get out of the way because they think I'm a cop car. :-]
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Yeah it's a Chrysler product, don't expect much build quality there.

Too bad you got the 3.5; I'm sure it would have been at least a little fun for you if it had the eight cylinder.

Hey, I got an idea!! leave it out in your driveway, see if the catalytic converter gets stolen ;-D

:-/

edit: of course I'm happy that you're OK, Met. You're ok, right?
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:37 pm

I was hoping they had a Challenger I could drive around...no luck though. :-?

Oh yeah, I'm fine. Like I said, it was minor. We were traveling the same direction from a one lane to a 2 lane, I went to merge into the 2nd lane and he hit me. Like he tried to get to the 2nd lane first, problem is he was a few ars behind me and was hugging the curb trying to pass people. :-t
Metroid

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Metroid wrote:I was hoping they had a Challenger I could drive around...no luck though. :-?

Oh yeah, I'm fine. Like I said, it was minor. We were traveling the same direction from a one lane to a 2 lane, I went to merge into the 2nd lane and he hit me. Like he tried to get to the 2nd lane first, problem is he was a few ars behind me and was hugging the curb trying to pass people. :-t

one of those over-aggressive @$$holes, like the people who cross over solid white lines to merge sooner. :-t

Good to hear you're ok, um.. brony stewart?
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:02 pm

haha...broney Stewart. :-b

Guess what one of the perks is having your girl work at a body shop? :-D
Metroid

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:06 pm

Metroid wrote:Guess what one of the perks is having your girl work at a body shop? :-D

She can torque your wrench? :-?
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:47 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Guess what one of the perks is having your girl work at a body shop? :-D

She can torque your wrench? :-?

Okay, guess the other perk of having your girl work at a body shop. :-B
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk