how you roll? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

how you roll?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: how you roll?

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:46 am

About a month ago I traded in my '02 BMW 325i for a '11 Hyundai Sonata SE. Best decision I've made in awhile.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:21 am

scottaa1 wrote:one of those over-aggressive @$$holes, like the people who cross over solid white lines to merge sooner.

Not all people who do this are over-aggressive @$$holes. I run up and down the interstate in Lincoln quite a bit, and despite the fact that we have on-ramps that are 3/4 of a mile long, the idiots in this town consistently enter the highway ten and fifteen mph below the speed limit. I don't like merging and immediately having traffic running up my tailpipe, so when I can, I jump out around these people and get up to highway speed.

People fail to realize those on-ramps are that long for a reason. Also, I apparently live in a town where nobody has anywhere to go, ever.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:43 am

knapplc wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:one of those over-aggressive @$$holes, like the people who cross over solid white lines to merge sooner.

Not all people who do this are over-aggressive @$$holes. I run up and down the interstate in Lincoln quite a bit, and despite the fact that we have on-ramps that are 3/4 of a mile long, the idiots in this town consistently enter the highway ten and fifteen mph below the speed limit. I don't like merging and immediately having traffic running up my tailpipe, so when I can, I jump out around these people and get up to highway speed.

People fail to realize those on-ramps are that long for a reason. Also, I apparently live in a town where nobody has anywhere to go, ever.

I would be happy about that. I live in a place where everyone has somewhere to go, always. That equals traffic.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:54 am

bigh0rt wrote:About a month ago I traded in my '02 BMW 325i for a '11 Hyundai Sonata SE. Best decision I've made in awhile.

You're liking the Hyundai huh? I've been eyeing the Genesiscoupe for a while... wouldn't mind one of those in the garage.

I saw this beautiful car on I-70 last week Nissan GT-R $85k is a but much for this fellow though. :,-(
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby knapplc » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:48 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
knapplc wrote:

I would be happy about that. I live in a place where everyone has somewhere to go, always. That equals traffic.

You would not be happy about it, trust me. I've lived in towns with real traffic. It's far easier to deal with when there are simply too many cars on the road than when there's a stretch of empty road 1/4 mile long in front of you, but you can't get there because Idiot 1 and Idiot 2 are both going 5 mph below the speed limit and neither will move away from the other. Rolling road blocks of morons raises blood pressure far more than 1 million cars on the road.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:13 pm

knapplc wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
knapplc wrote:

You would not be happy about it, trust me. I've lived in towns with real traffic. It's far easier to deal with when there are simply too many cars on the road than when there's a stretch of empty road 1/4 mile long in front of you, but you can't get there because Idiot 1 and Idiot 2 are both going 5 mph below the speed limit and neither will move away from the other. Rolling road blocks of morons raises blood pressure far more than 1 million cars on the road.

Totally agree. At least when there's lots of traffic and it's steadily moving you can deal. It's like you accept it, yeah we're all only doing 50 mph but at least we're all moving and there's nothing more you can do. It's frustrating when, like in knapps example, you know you can move down the road faster but some lame asses wont let you. weak sauce.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:10 pm

getting back to Chrysler... this could explain a couple things about their build quality

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/chrysler-auto-workers-busted_20100923_dk
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:39 pm

Yeah that would explain the shoddy craftsmanship. :-B

Got my car back today, good as new...well almost. My front rim has a pretty ugly scratch on it that they couldn't rub out. They could have replaced the wheel, but by not replacing it they were able to work my deducible into the work. Oh well, I'll stop by a polishing shop one of these days and see if it's something that can be fixed.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:46 pm

my ride still cleans up pretty. this coat of wax seems to have stuck at least

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Redskins Win » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

back in july i had to crash my 01 explorer sport, i replaced it with a 05 jeep liberty. i miss my ford.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk