GC: Steelers vs Rams [Week 16 - Thursday Night Football] - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC: Steelers vs Rams [Week 16 - Thursday Night Football]

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: GC: Steelers vs Rams [Week 16 - Thursday Night Football]

Postby HomerJay » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:45 pm

C. Davis taking advantage....love when guys get a chance
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:46 pm

TheJiggyFly wrote:WHAT is going on with nfl.com? Why does their live coverage seem to be talking about Romo/Simpson and the Panthers game and NOT be covering the game tonight... WTF?

I hate the NFL network soooooooo much...

Ditto and throw the Cowgirls in there too for good measure.

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:49 pm

HomerJay wrote:C. Davis taking advantage....love when guys get a chance

I loved the looks of this guy and fellow rookie Gary Russell in pre-season this year, and now they'll get the opportunity to show their stuff. ;-D
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby TheJiggyFly » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:02 pm

Ok my second/last post on the issue... It's infuriating that during a game with playoff implications the NFL's "live coverage" is covering things that I can hear discussed on Sports Center tonight 100 times over... Hines Ward doesn't care about his hall of fame chances now, he cares about winning the darn football game like the rest of us care about watching it.

I'm disgusted... Is anyone else confused/dumbfounded about the NFL networks ridiculous availability and nfl.com's ridiculous "live coverage" of this game?
TheJiggyFly
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Lung » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:03 pm

INT, IKE TAYLOR, FOR A TD!!!
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby TaDa » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:07 pm

and Gus in at QB
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby Jack » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:13 pm

TheJiggyFly wrote:I'm disgusted... Is anyone else confused/dumbfounded about the NFL networks ridiculous availability?

No. The NFL wants to be in your TV 24-7. Cable companies need to recognize that football is America's number-one game now, and enough of America wants to know about it all year--and all the time--to warrant an NFL channel in the basic package.

(I thought as much before the league came out with what amounts to a propaganda page for its channel.)

The Senate is getting involved now, blackmailing the NFL with its antitrust exemption. It's one big cluster-"fluff". I just go to the sports bar; $10-ish for dinner, a seat at the bar, and a view of the game.
Thanks to madaslives911 for this graphic from his site...
MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE!
Jack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheJiggyFly » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:23 pm

Jack wrote:
TheJiggyFly wrote:I'm disgusted... Is anyone else confused/dumbfounded about the NFL networks ridiculous availability?

No. The NFL wants to be in your TV 24-7. Cable companies need to recognize that football is America's number-one game now, and enough of America wants to know about it all year--and all the time--to warrant an NFL channel in the basic package.

(I thought as much before the league came out with what amounts to a propaganda page for its channel.)

The Senate is getting involved now, blackmailing the NFL with its antitrust exemption. It's one big cluster-"fluff". I just go to the sports bar; $10-ish for dinner, a seat at the bar, and a view of the game.

The sports bar is all sugar and spice unless you happen to be under 21 like me... Sometimes I can get into a few of the big sports joints around here, like I did tonight for the first half of this game, but once my friends get bored I've got little choice but to sit at a huge table all by myself (awkward) or come home and try to watch the game on nfl.com.

I just don't understand why the NFL Network isn't available on Time Warner and other major cable providers... Or why nfl.com's live coverage of these exclusive games amounts to 95% extraneous commentary and 5% actual game coverage.

But anyway, good game Steelers... And good luck Willie Parker with a speedy recovery, or at least one that's complete ;-D
TheJiggyFly
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby NoSpin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:26 am

The final insult for a season of dedication to Willie Parker. I rode him and rode him and rode him, convinced that if I ever sat him he go off for a 2-3 TD game. After all his hollow yardage, he goes down in wk 16. And in identical fashion to Warner, Kitna and Schaub effing me earlier this year, he has to do it in the first freakin quarter before he can build up any respectable point total.

Guess who I WON'T be drafting next year!
No TD scoring mf'er.
Three 2009 Money Leagues.
Two 1st place, one 2nd place finish.
NoSpin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Munboy » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:53 am

What's with all the whinning and crying? At least you're getting to follow some of the game instead of not at all! If you don't like it, complain to your cable company until they carry the NFL Network, or switch to DirecTv. This is the GC thread, which stands for Game Commentary, not the FSTCA thread. I'll let you work that one out.

Good game for the Steelers. The Rams D is horrible. It's been a long time since I've seen the Steeler's Oline open holes like that for a RB. They still can't pass protect though. Ben's lucky he wasn't hurt when he went down with his leg under the Rams player. I was glad to see them take some shots down the field. I kept waiting and waiting for them to take some shots down the field the past couple games, but they never did, and lost those games.

I like the defensive adjustment the steelers made. They were getting gashed on the ground, so they decided to come up and stop the ground game and make the Rams beat them through the air. They gave up some catches, but it turned out to be a good adjustment.

Good win for the Steelers, though. Helps keep them in the drivers seat for the Division crown. Now we just need a Brownies loss for the division, or a titans loss for a playoff birth!
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting