Fanball's Top 10 RBs for 2008 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fanball's Top 10 RBs for 2008

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Fanball's Top 10 RBs for 2008

Postby ttwarrior1 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:09 pm

parker, lol, not, grant might not even start next year
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Decleater » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:13 am

MBIII has been on my team for two straight seasons. Actually helped me win two of my leagues (out of 3 aint bad) this season! Sorry, but if Dallas doesn't figure that he's a true BEAST then I don't know what they're thinking? Yeah, Jerry Jones is an idiot, but he can't really be thinking anything but runnin with this guy. ;-D JJ didn't do JACK again and it totally peeved me to see how they kept trying to use him and not Barber. Unreal! I mean, I followed Barber and Maroney out of Minnesota....never thought in a million years they would be able to handle a full NFL load. Both had some injury concerns, but the jury's out....MBIII is the true MAN out of the backfield!
Decleater
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:23 am

portis without a doubt belongs in the top 10. in fact, id probably put him around the 6 spot as of now. the guy is a beast...consistantly.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BushForPresident » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:46 pm

i dunt undarstand why reggie bush isnt in the top 10 next year is gonna be his breakout year i wood put bush 6th behind LT2, ADP, Westbrook, SJax and Addai
BushForPresident
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby sublimeandy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:28 pm

reggie bush will probably end up somewhere around 15. he can;t handle the load. if deuce can come back and be effective, then maybe bush will do better than this year. i have my doubts and would probably take 20 rb's before bush.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:59 am

BushForPresident wrote:i dunt undarstand why reggie bush isnt in the top 10 next year is gonna be his breakout year i wood put bush 6th behind LT2, ADP, Westbrook, SJax and Addai

Says the guy named BushForPresident.

Take off your homer glasses for a second. You'll see that when he was given the opportunity to be the man after week 3 he managed 3.7 ypc and scored only 2 rushing TDs. He had no 100 yard games and rushed for over 72 yards once. Stecker comes in and rushes for 100 yards nearly twice and scored 4 times in 3 starts and he's not even that good. Pierre Thomas comes in and goes for over 100 yards rushing and receiving and scores.

It's still early but maybe Bush's game just does not translate as well as we thought to the NFL. Factor in that McAllister will probably be back next year and Bush's inability to run the ball effectively will lend to Deuce or someone else running it and Bush getting less rushing touches.

I'm not sure Bush is that high in the teens in RBs. Where's his upside? We thought we'd see it with Deuce gone but he just wasn't that good.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:21 am

i don't like bush at all for standard scoring systems...his niche is in PPR leagues. bush becomes a top 5 back in that setting.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:53 am

1 LT-Norv learned to rely more on LT. Should start better next season.
2-Westbrook-McNabb looks to be regaining a measure of himself which will only create more space for Westy.
3-S Jax-If he can stay healthy there is no reason he won’t put up huge numbers
4-ADP-If he can stay healthy there is no reason he won’t put up huge numbers, sadly he shows little ability to stay healthy.
5-Addai-Would be the in the top three if the Colts weren’t so sharing. Kenton Keith takes pts. away from Addai? Really? Someone named Kenton Keith?
6-Lynch-love the way he gets used in Buffalo, and the way he seemed to rise to the challenge. Has Ronnie Brown-type potential. Needs to stay healthy.
7-Portis-Campbell will be another year wiser, which should lead to an improved offence and improved numbers for Portis. The Betts time-share program is officially over.
8-Barber-Scores too many TDs in limited time. If Julie Jones is gone Barber should see the ball more and put up better numbers.
9-Ryan Grant. Second best production over the second half, love the way the Pack uses him. As long as Favre returns Grant should produce very nicely.
10-McGahee-Now that O Guru Billik is gone the O might open up some and that should lead to more opportunities for Willis to see open field.
Very learly to tell what changes will lead re-shuffling of a top ten projection list. Would say ADP is the highest risk/reward guy. Injuries + enormous talent = rollercoaster rides.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:21 pm

i don't like mcgahee in the top 10 only because jonathan ogden is retiring after the season.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:05 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:i don't like mcgahee in the top 10 only because jonathan ogden is retiring after the season.

Ogden missed a good part of this season and McGahee still did fine. Willis is not the 'sexy' pick, but he seems like one of the safer ones. He will probably get passed over in some drafts for guys with better upsides, but he's always posted good yardage and has been pretty durable despite the devastating knee injury in college. The Ravens loaded up on some young lineman in the draft this past season and Willis should be able to at least match this years production.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk