Malls - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Malls

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Malls

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:27 pm

knapplc wrote:I did that once with a flooring project. I think I went to the hardware store five times in one day. It was really pissing me off, because each time I thought I had everything I needed, then some stupid special problem would crop up.

I did that when I was putting up my deck over the summer. :-b :-C

I hate malls. Too many people and too many stores I don't care about. We have an outdoor mall here that I enjoy a bit. Nice to walk around outside store to store. You've probably been to Village Pointe haven't you Knapp? We were at Scheels today getting a bunch of fun stuff.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RiffRaff » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:52 pm

Do what I do and make the wife do it all. It's real exciting that way. When my Mom and Dad open there presents I have that look of surprise just like them. :-b
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:03 pm

RiffRaff wrote:Do what I do and make the wife do it all. It's real exciting that way. When my Mom and Dad open there presents I have that look of surprise just like them. :-b

Yeah, my wife did all of our shopping too. I just went out and got her things and some extra things that I thought were cool. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby RiffRaff » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:36 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
RiffRaff wrote:Do what I do and make the wife do it all. It's real exciting that way. When my Mom and Dad open there presents I have that look of surprise just like them. :-b

Yeah, my wife did all of our shopping too. I just went out and got her things and some extra things that I thought were cool. :-D

I even make her buy her own gift, that's a real treat to watch her open. ;-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:40 am

RiffRaff wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

I even make her buy her own gift, that's a real treat to watch her open. ;-D

Mine basically does that. I get her list and, in the past, if the list isn't followed as is, I'm in trouble. :-b That's alright though. I really wouldn't know what to get her if she didn't do it that way. She shops all year round so she basically has all she needs/wants. I joked that she should do the shopping for herself this year and she didn't take that very well. !+)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:57 am

Omaha - I really like Village Pointe. It's got some good stores that we don't have in Lincoln. I just wish it was on the I-80 corridor instead of up on Dodge. I like that ferris wheel in Scheel's. Gonna have to take the kid on that sometime this year, probably.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:33 pm

Not a mall, but I'm about to head out to IKEA. If you guys never see me back at the Cafe again, it probably means that some crazy family from Minnesota killed me over a parking space. :-o
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:42 pm

beanoX3 wrote:Not a mall, but I'm about to head out to IKEA. If you guys never see me back at the Cafe again, it probably means that some crazy family from Minnesota killed me over a parking space. :-o

LOL, there is a reason for the term "Minnesota Nice" ... If you were in a parking lot, The Minnesota Family would be parked, see you and get out of the spot just to let you have it... then they would go look for a different spot. :-)

unless you encounter Tiki... he'll run you right over... :-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Tiki » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:43 pm

treat24 wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:Not a mall, but I'm about to head out to IKEA. If you guys never see me back at the Cafe again, it probably means that some crazy family from Minnesota killed me over a parking space. :-o

LOL, there is a reason for the term "Minnesota Nice" ... If you were in a parking lot, The Minnesota Family would be parked, see you and get out of the spot just to let you have it... then they would go look for a different spot. :-)

unless you encounter Tiki... he'll run you right over... :-D

I do make frequent visits to Ikea!! 8-o
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:01 pm

good grief... just went out to make my last Xmas stops. What a mess in the stores, on the roads, everywhere. I'm gunna mix up a stiff drink and wrap some presents :-D
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk