I'm embarrassed these guys live in my state... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I'm embarrassed these guys live in my state...

Moderator: Football Moderators

I'm embarrassed these guys live in my state...

Postby treat24 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:20 am

Link: http://www.startribune.com/12714007.html

Two men thought it was just a joke - cutting off a woman's underwear as other men in the bar laughed and the bartender turned down her plea to come to her rescue, authorities allege.

Now, the two are facing years in prison if convicted.

Michael S. Puhalla, 39, and Russell J. Baumgardner, 40, are accused of holding down a woman against the bar in Sartell, Minn., and cutting off her underwear with a pocketknife and placing it on a fan in the bar.

They were charged Wednesday in Stearns County with second-degree sexual assault with a dangerous weapon and second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon in the incident Sunday.

Puhalla, of Sartell, and Baumgardner, of Sauk Rapids, Minn., both told authorities that they viewed the incident as a joke, according to the charges.

The complaint, filed in District Court, also said:

The woman was in the Dam Bar when she ran into Puhalla and Baumgardner, whom she considered friends. As they talked, the two men joked about what kind of underwear she was wearing.

She told them it was none of their business, and Baumgardner said he was going to cut off her underwear. She replied: "You're not man enough for that."

The two men walk over to the woman, seated at the bar, and Baumgardner pulled out a pocketknife, while Puhalla held her down on the bar by her wrists and forearms.

Baumgardner walked around her from the back, reached in her pants and cut each side of her underwear. At this time, she said, another man came up to her, poked at her chest, and said they should cut that off next. She believed the third man was referring to her bra.

She yelled for help several times and asked for the bartender to intervene, but he said, "I can't or they will make things worse for me." She said there were up to six other men in the bar at the time, and none of them came to her aid either.

During the altercation she lost her shoes. Eventually, she ran barefoot into the bathroom, attempting to hold up her pants.

The men had her shoes, and Puhalla said she could have them only in return for her underwear. Wanting to leave the bar, she gave in to his demand.

Police, when meeting with the woman, detected bruises on her arms and an abrasion in her groin area.

Puhalla, when questioned by police, said that he and Baumgardner were joking around when the topic of underwear came up. Puhalla, referring to the incident, said it was time for the woman "to take one for the team."

Baumgardner, in his statement to police, said he has participated in similar acts in the past as a joke. He said everyone in the bar was watching and laughing at the time. He said he tried to apologize to the woman, but she would not talk to him.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: I'm embarrassed these guys live in my state...

Postby DocSlinky » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:54 am

In addition to going to jail, these losers better get ready to write a big check - she can drop the atomic-wedgie of all sexual harrassment/assault lawsuits on them and on the bar!!
DocSlinky
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Metroid » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:00 pm

DocSlinky wrote:...she can drop the atomic-wedgie of all sexual harrassment/assault lawsuits on them and on the bar!!

LOL nice! :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Tiki » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:29 pm

:-P
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:02 pm

What a couple of losers! :-t
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:03 pm

Puhalla, when questioned by police, said that he and Baumgardner were joking around when the topic of underwear came up. Puhalla, referring to the incident, said it was time for the woman "to take one for the team."

Baumgardner, in his statement to police, said he has participated in similar acts in the past as a joke. He said everyone in the bar was watching and laughing at the time. He said he tried to apologize to the woman, but she would not talk to him.

Take one for the team? What team? :-t :-t

Hmm, I wonder why she wouldn't talk to you. Oh, maybe because you cut off her underwear. Genius. :-t :-t
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:46 pm

Terrible. Reminds me of that Jodie Foster movie.
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dolfin99 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:30 pm

Unsat :-t X ^10^
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:13 pm

She yelled for help several times and asked for the bartender to intervene, but he said, "I can't or they will make things worse for me." She said there were up to six other men in the bar at the time, and none of them came to her aid either.

This is what bothers me the most. :-t :-C
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby The_Captain » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:57 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Terrible. Reminds me of that Jodie Foster movie.

"The Accused" - that's the first thing I thought of when I read the article. Apparently these two geniuses never saw what could be a likely outcome of having this woman "take one for the team". Despicable..... :-t

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk