Borat is dead - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Borat is dead

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Borat is dead

Postby Madison » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:28 pm

moonhead wrote:wow. i knew you 2 existed. but i didn't think you'd be at the same place. these are the 2 people that didn't laugh at the borat movie. yeah it's stupid. but it was funnier than hell.

I think there was only one segment I found funny in the least. Been awhile though, so I admit it might have been 2 segments, but it definitely wasn't more than that. Not sure what someone would have to pay me to sit through that movie again (or a sequel), but it wouldn't be cheap.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:43 pm

Madison wrote:
moonhead wrote:wow. i knew you 2 existed. but i didn't think you'd be at the same place. these are the 2 people that didn't laugh at the borat movie. yeah it's stupid. but it was funnier than hell.

I think there was only one segment I found funny in the least. Been awhile though, so I admit it might have been 2 segments, but it definitely wasn't more than that. Not sure what someone would have to pay me to sit through that movie again (or a sequel), but it wouldn't be cheap.

:-b

my parents even thought this was funny. meh. i boycotted the movie because everyone was basically quoting the whole thing right after it came out. i watched it on dvd a while back and it had me in stitches. oh well. i guess it's not for everyone.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Madison » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:52 pm

moonhead wrote:
Madison wrote:

my parents even thought this was funny. meh. i boycotted the movie because everyone was basically quoting the whole thing right after it came out. i watched it on dvd a while back and it had me in stitches. oh well. i guess it's not for everyone.

Sad part is that I thought it would be hilarious. Snakes on a Plane came out around that same time, and I thought Snakes would be the worst movie ever produced. Still haven't seen Snakes, and it did in fact bomb huge in the theater, but at this point I'd give it a shot over Borat. :-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:34 pm

moonhead wrote:
Madison wrote:

It's definitely a love it or hate it type movie. I don't think I've ever met anyone that said "it was ok".

Personally, I loved it, although I first watched it on DVD and was warned about the wrestling scene so I could FF through it.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:55 am

I did not care for Borat the first time I saw, I have subsequently seen it 2 or 3 more times and it has grown on me to the point that I would say I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Ali G on the other hand has never been anything but pure genius, one of the funniest characters anyone could hope to find.

Bruno will be the next one I expect.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:35 am

Ali G is awesome. You are missing out on something if you have never seen Ali G. Borat was pretty damn funny, out of control, but funny. ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:20 am

Borat is the funniest movie I've seen in years. As a matter of fact, I can't remember cracking up so hard during any other comedy. The first time I saw Borat, tears were literally pouring down my face at one point in the movie from laughter.

There's two aspects which make the movie priceless. First, how Sasha Baren Cohen can stay in character, keeping a straight face, throughout the entire flick despite doing some outrageously funny bits. Secondly, its over-the-top offensive nature.

Anyway, it really sucks that we won't be seeing a Borat sequel. Not surprising, since everybody and their Raff's mother know about him now. But still, sad nonetheless.

Ali G was good, too. The gay fashion model character...not so much.

Borat wrote:When I uh, buy my wife, at the start she was uh, cook good, her vazhïn work well, and she strong on plow. But after three years when she was fifteen, then she become weak, her voice become deep: BORAT BORAT, eh, she receive hair on chest, and vazhïn hang like sleeve of wizard.

Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:06 am

Were there any outtakes on the DVD? There HAS to be times when he slipped out of character, unless SBC is actually a robot. If he's not, he must have blown at least one scene, and I want to see that. I'm sure that's pretty funny.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:21 am

knapplc wrote:Were there any outtakes on the DVD? There HAS to be times when he slipped out of character, unless SBC is actually a robot. If he's not, he must have blown at least one scene, and I want to see that. I'm sure that's pretty funny.

Yes, there are bonus scenes on the dvd and extra footage can be found on youtube or the Ali G show dvds. Surprisingly, though, I haven't seen him slip up on any of them. Closest I've seen is him cracking a bit of a smile.

Aside from being an exceptionally talented performer, SBC never slipped up (as far as they show) because he lived those characters. To him, the characters became a part of himself.

:-B

GREAT SUCCESS!
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:36 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
knapplc wrote:Were there any outtakes on the DVD? There HAS to be times when he slipped out of character, unless SBC is actually a robot. If he's not, he must have blown at least one scene, and I want to see that. I'm sure that's pretty funny.

Yes, there are bonus scenes on the dvd and extra footage can be found on youtube or the Ali G show dvds. Surprisingly, though, I haven't seen him slip up on any of them. Closest I've seen is him cracking a bit of a smile.

Aside from being an exceptionally talented performer, SBC never slipped up (as far as they show) because he lived those characters. To him, the characters became a part of himself.

:-B

GREAT SUCCESS!

Plus, when he goes into character, he basically goes all in. I remember he wouldn't interview as himself when Borat was making its press rounds. He was always Borat. There was an article I remember reading where he admitted it took him several weeks to get into the Borat character because of all the hair he had to grow.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk