What Do I Do Now? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Article Discussions

What Do I Do Now?

Moderators: daullaz, Football Moderators

What Do I Do Now?

Postby WebHamster » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:22 am

This thread contains comments on Drew Friedrich's Article "What Do I Do Now?", which was posted in the Cafe's Articles section on December 24, 2007. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What Do I Do Now?

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:25 am

This was a good quick read, and it was very funny! It was also a pretty darned clean copy to edit, so it didn't take me long to get it up on the front page! Hopefully this well help move a few more fantasy football addicts to the off-season joys of fantasy baseball (my first true love)! I also liked the part encouraging people to stick around the cafe over the winter and spring. Very well done man.

It is good to see you promoting the cafe to people that may not love it as much as you and I do... yet, at least ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:30 am

Another productive way to fight Post Fantasy Football Depression is to participate in NFL Playoffs fantasy football. I have formed two (totally FREE) fantasy football leagues for the NFL Playoffs in January on two different sites: one on NFL.Com and one on SportingNews.com. These aren't playoff leagues where you draft players - you just pick players each week with varying assigned salaries and try to fit your team under the salary cap. It's fast, fun and easy. Join in on the fun!

NFL.com Playoff Challenge:

http://free2challenge.6.football.nfl.com/b/ce8259d3d84897f86e57f12e1812ae4e

After clicking on the link for Buddy Groups, look for Fantasy Football Cafe.

Sporting News.com:
http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/football/playoffs/basic/challenge/home_challenge.html?group_id=1156&password=cafe

Take the following steps to join this league:

1.) Click on link above
2.) Register a team
3.) Choose your team name - please try to use your Cafe username so we know who's who
4.) Join an "Existing League" using the following league information:

League: Fantasy Football Cafe
Password: cafe

Note: Each team gets 8 trades for the playoffs. If you run out of trades, you have the option to buy more (for real money) but don't do it! The fun of this game will be to see who can produce the best fantasy output with the limited number of trades given. If you buy trades then it basically becomes a contest where the guy who buys the most trades wins, almost by default.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:17 pm

The only bad thing about this article is that it calls fantasy baseball fun. I'm fine with everything else. :-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby eastcoaster » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:26 am

Enjoyed the article ;-D
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Article Discussions