Wanna hear about my Christmas Eve... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Wanna hear about my Christmas Eve...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wanna hear about my Christmas Eve...

Postby treat24 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:36 pm

Wow, what a Christmas Eve. I worked a 14 hour day, my grandma got rushed to the hospital... she has now been taken off all supports and will die tonight, and i got a flat on the way home. Because it's a new car, the tires had never been changed... and it's winter... the tire wouldn't come off after I got the lugnuts off. After all that... What a nice day. All my relatives had their own little Christmas things, but we all got together tonight. Family togetherness, beautiful. Sad that sometimes tragedy has to bring us together. The tire going flat... met a nice guy with a brick in the back of his truck that dislodged my tire for me and some friendly airport police to close off the lane, so I had room to change my tire. Kindness of strangers... On the surface, it wasn't the best of Christmas Eve's but hey... a few nice Minnesotans and seeing all my family in the same spot was a very nice thing. ;-D :-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: Wanna hear about my Christmas Eve...

Postby treat24 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:39 pm

Tiki wrote:Sorry for the loss, but glad to hear that Minnesota nice always seems to shine through! ;-D

Thanks man... yeah... people going out of their way for strangers always impresses me ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:40 pm

I posted in the Merry Christmas thread, but your post after Tiki's came before it so it stopped me.

Anyway, this is what I wrote...

Very impressed that you're able to take the good out of that treat. Shows what kind of a man you are. I hope you and your family can enjoy yourselves tomorrow since I'm sure your grandma would certainly want you to.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby dream_017 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:14 am

Sorry to hear thenews Treat. Hope everything can go as well as it can for you and your family. My wife lost her Grandpa on Christmas about 6 years ago. You and your family are in our houghts and prayers
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:05 pm

That's one of the best positive Christmas stories. Despite all of the loss and hardships, the spirit of Christmas still shines through in the end.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:27 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Very impressed that you're able to take the good out of that treat. Shows what kind of a man you are. I hope you and your family can enjoy yourselves tomorrow since I'm sure your grandma would certainly want you to.

Thanks for the kind words. That means a lot. :) We did enjoy ourselves. There was some sadness by some, but not much... I have a very "She is in a better place, with Grandpa" ... "celebrate her life" ... "she would want us to be happy" type family. We laughed and had a good time. Good to have everyone there. Makes me wish I could see my family more often... and why don't we... 90% of us live in the Twin Cities.

joelamosobadiah wrote:That's one of the best positive Christmas stories. Despite all of the loss and hardships, the spirit of Christmas still shines through in the end.

I think so too. I look on it pretty well, Some people might mope around, complain, etc... Not really my style. Nothing I could change, and I'm not gonna look at the past and get upset. It was Grandma's time and now she's with Grandpa. Part of life ;-D

Losing 3 grandparents this year was hard on a lot of my family. Get togethers will be even tougher without a Grandparent's house to go to. Hopefully someone (maybe my wife and I) will step up and get everyone together. :-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dolfin99 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:40 pm

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother, but it seems everything worked out. I lost my father a few days ago and it is hard. Family always makes things better.

Roy
Last edited by Dolfin99 on Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RiffRaff » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:22 am

Take Care Treat. What a year. It's going to be a busy couple of days and the New Year is around the corner. Don't burn yourself out.
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:30 am

I'm assuming that was a rhetorical question... ;-7

That really stinks man; at least you ran into some nice people that didn't make things worse. Like Omaha said, it's great that you can look at a mostly negative day and focus on the positive. I hope you had a better Christmas, and keep focusing on the positives. ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby RiffRaff » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:30 am

Dolfin99 wrote:No, I do not care anything about your Christmas Eve. How about you tell your story to a dead tree stump. :-b

I sure hope you are Drunk. :-?
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Next

Return to General Talk