Cowboys. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Cowboys.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cowboys.

Postby vykeengfan » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:54 am

Do you guys think they're going to let the Skins walk into the playoffs? I'm not so sure. I don't think they want to face a division opponent, especially as early as the second round. I also don't think they have the faith in Brad Johnson to lead them to victory over an amped Skins team fighting for their playoffs lives. I just don't see them resting their starters (besides TO, of course) during this game.
Maybe it's more wishful thinking on my part since I'd like to use Romo as my qb for my week 17 championship game, and as you can see by my avatar, I REALLY need to see the skins lose, but in all honesty, since they are in the same division, I'm sure the 'boys will go full speed.
Thoughts?
vykeengfan
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 674
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 15 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cowboys.

Postby mikus » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:20 pm

I think of all three remaining NFC wild card hopefuls, the Cowboys would least like to see the Redskins in the playoffs. So I think they will try to dispatch the 'Skins this weekend without TO and Romo (for most of the game) and hope Saints -- the most beatable of the three hopefuls -- make the playoffs.
Image
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4658
Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Re: Cowboys.

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:19 pm

Dallas' second stringers are gonna get smoked. Quit dreaming.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12527
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cowboys.

Postby SniperShot » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:30 pm

Jimboozie wrote:Dallas' second stringers are gonna get smoked. Quit dreaming.
And you know what that'll lead to? The Skins getting even further fired up going into the playoffs and Romo to get just rusty enough to fumble another snap in a key moment in the divisional round of the playoffs costing the Cowboys a shot at the Super Bowl this year...

Mark my words... Wade Phillips will be making a very bad decision this week to bench starters and let the Skins waltz into the playoffs, a very bad decision indeed that will come back to bite him.

Dang how sweet that would be. :-)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA

Re: Cowboys.

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:33 pm

SniperShot wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:Dallas' second stringers are gonna get smoked. Quit dreaming.
And you know what that'll lead to? The Skins getting even further fired up going into the playoffs and Romo to get just rusty enough to fumble another snap in a key moment in the divisional round of the playoffs costing the Cowboys a shot at the Super Bowl this year...

Mark my words... Wade Phillips will be making a very bad decision this week to bench starters and let the Skins waltz into the playoffs, a very bad decision indeed that will come back to bite him.

Dang how sweet that would be. :-)


Can I have some of what you've been drinking, please? :-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12527
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cowboys.

Postby SniperShot » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:59 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
SniperShot wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:Dallas' second stringers are gonna get smoked. Quit dreaming.
And you know what that'll lead to? The Skins getting even further fired up going into the playoffs and Romo to get just rusty enough to fumble another snap in a key moment in the divisional round of the playoffs costing the Cowboys a shot at the Super Bowl this year...

Mark my words... Wade Phillips will be making a very bad decision this week to bench starters and let the Skins waltz into the playoffs, a very bad decision indeed that will come back to bite him.

Dang how sweet that would be. :-)


Can I have some of what you've been drinking, please? :-b
Drink now think later, so far it's been working great the past 3 weeks or so.

NEED MORE KOOL-AID.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA

Re: Cowboys.

Postby bagobonez » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:31 pm

Wade Phillips has iterated that he would still like to win the game, but he also mentioned that he is taking the risk of injury into consideration as well. So I would think the starters would play maybe the first half and then they send in the backups. That's all pure speculation though. He said they wanted to set the franchise record for wins in a season by getting that 14th win.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Re: Cowboys.

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:55 pm

First off Dallas isnt going to let the skins "walk into the playoffs", guys will be rested who needs to rest...TO, Romo has his thumb so he wont play the whole game but some guys will get a decent amount of playing time, it wont be any different then how teams do it every year...The Colts do the same thing every year no matter the playoff outcome they stick to it, no need in risking guys to injury or playing guys that are knicked up in a meaning less game


Most the defense is going to play, so its not like Washington is going to be scoring at will, and Ive heard Campbell may start and there is no telling how taking Todd Collins out affects momentum, I just dont think its going to be as easy as people claim, not a redskins-cowboys game...But I wouldnt play Romo this whole game, if his thumb is fine one half, and thats more then enough
Image
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Re: Cowboys.

Postby SniperShot » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:59 pm

Campbell won't start. He's gonna test his knee pretty good this week but no way will he start especially with the way Todd Collins has been playing.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA

Re: Cowboys.

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:04 pm

SniperShot wrote:Campbell won't start. He's gonna test his knee pretty good this week but no way will he start especially with the way Todd Collins has been playing.



thats what I would like to think as well, it wouldnt be smart to take collins out at this point but I heard reports Campbell was going to start, but it could be just a smokescreen to make Dallas prepare for both
Image
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 7:09 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact